Amazing Banana Recipes You Gotta Try
Amazing Banana Recipes You Gotta Try
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Bananas are considered as one of the world’s healthiest foods and one of the most popular fruits. They are one of my favorite fruits and I find myself eating several each week.
While bananas are sweet and easy to take along when you are in a hurry, bananas also have amazing benefits for your health!
- There’s only 110 calories in a single banana!
- They are fat-free and cholesterol-free.
- They contain about 15% of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed to boost your immune system and to support cell health.
- They’re high in fiber, which improves the function of your colon and helps maintain bowel health.
- They are loaded with potassium (over 400 mg per banana). The potassium provides vasodilation (the dilation of blood vessels) properties, which lower your blood pressure. Because bananas lower your blood pressure, they are great for heart health. Potassium also helps in preventing the loss of muscle mass and supports the preservation of bone density.
Yeah, bananas are amazing!
Along with being so healthy, there are also many things that you can do with them. Here are a few recipes that use bananas for you to try!
Vegan Banana Fudge Ice Cream
- 3 ounces of firm lite tofu
- ¼ cup of powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 frozen and pre-sliced banana
- 5-6 chopped peanuts
- ½ tsp cacao nibs
1. Place the tofu, peanut butter, cocoa powder and banana into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and top with cacao nibs and peanuts.
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
1. Warm your banana on the stovetop for about 30 seconds, then take a fork (I use a potato masher) and smash the banana in a bowl.
2. Once your banana is mashed, add the 2 eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut flour. You don’t want the mixture to be smooth. It needs to have some sort of thickness so that you can flip the pancakes. If your mixture is watery, try thickening it with some more flour, a little at a time so you don’t overdo it.
3. After you have your mixture ready, cook the pancakes over medium-high heat. I like to have my pan sitting on the stove with the burner on while I make the mixture so that the pan will get good and hot. I also make sure to either use my non-stick pan or spray the pan with nonstick spray.
4. Cook on one side for a few minutes. If they don’t lift off the pan easily when you try to flip them, they’re not ready. Wait until you can flip them easily.
5. Once ready to be flipped, flip the pancake to the other side and let it cook for the same amount of time as the first side. Both sides will look brown when they are done.
6. Top your pancakes with fruit such as strawberries or bananas or even some dark chocolate. I like to top mine with raw honey.
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- 2 whole bananas (it is best to use bananas with brown flecks on the peel)
- 2 cups of ice
- ⅓ cup of dairy-free yogurt
- ½ cup of cooked oatmeal
- ⅓ cup of almonds
- (optional) 1 scoop Organifi Green Juice
Pour all of the ingredients into a blender, adding the ice in last. Simply blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie thickens.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS