A Natural Facial Cleanser You Probably Haven’t Tried
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Having a clean face means that you will have less outbreaks of those pesky pimples and that acne. However, you don’t always want to have those store bought chemicals on your face. That is where using hyssop oil comes in.
Hyssop oil is a natural cleanser. This means that you are able to forgo those nasty chemicals, but still get the great refreshing feel of a clean face. Hyssop oil is made from a plant that belongs in the same family as the mint, which means that hyssop also has that great minty smell. Hyssop is one of those many plants that contains compounds, each of which are beneficial for your body, compounds such as tannins, flavonoids and caffeic acids.
Benefits of using hyssop oil as a facial cleanser:
- Hyssop Oil Works As An Astringent. Working as an astringent means that those visible pores will shrink over time. Not only does the astringent property work for acne, but it works for wrinkles and fine lines as well. The hyssop oil works to minimize and shrink wrinkles, leaving your skin softer, smoother and younger looking.
- Hyssop Oil Heals. If you deal with acne scars on a daily basis, or even insect bites or any other type of wound or scar on your skin, using hyssop oil can help to heal the wound as well as reduce the appearance of scars that could be left by the wound.
- Hyssop Oil Is An Antiseptic. This means that using hyssop oil on your face can help keep acne at bay. Hyssop oil works by being a natural antiseptic that helps prevent infections. It also aids in keeping your skin clear of those tiny microorganisms that can create acne and other problems.
- Hyssop Oil Is An Anti-Inflammatory. If you suffer from dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, or other skin conditions, using hyssop oil can help reduce the inflammation of these skin disorders. Hyssop is a natural disinfectant and because of the anti-inflammatory properties, using the oil can help reduce flare-up of these skin conditions.
- Hyssop Oil Enhances Your Circulation. Using hyssop oil on your skin can give you that healthy glow and liven up your complexion. Hyssop oil has a natural property that enhances blood flow and circulation throughout your body.
To use hyssop oil for your skin:
1. Mix 2 to 3 drops of oil to an equal amount of jojoba or coconut carrier oil.
2. Apply the mixture to the affected area twice per day.
Remember: Always use a carrier oil for essential oils before placing on your skin. Not doing so can cause skin irritations.
Have you tried using hyssop oil before? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS