99 Reasons Why Turmeric Is The BEST Spice EVER!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Just a few inches is all you need for mind-blowing health.
And no… this is not the new opening sentence of the next 50 Shades of Grey book.
However, it IS an accurate and exciting statement regarding the health benefits of TURMERIC!
I’ve got 99 reasons and bad health ain’t one of them!
Check out this impressive list of why turmeric is the BEST spice ever.
But first, let’s take a look at what turmeric is.
WHAT Is Turmeric?
- An herbaceous herb, part of the ginger family.
- Called “holy powder” in India, because of its ability to help with infections, wounds and other health problems.
- Basic nutritional aspects of turmeric:
- 26% daily value of manganese.
- 16% daily value of iron.
- Excellent source of fiber, vitamin B6, potassium.
- Healthy amounts of vitamin C and magnesium.
WHY Is Turmeric The BEST SPICE EVER? Let Me Count The Ways…
1. Powerful antiseptic
2. Natural liver detoxifier
3. Prevents damage to your liver
4. Lessens fatigue
5. Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s
6. Supports eye health
7. Supports female reproductive health
8. Cleanses the skin
9. Helps with sugar digestion
10. Slows the progression of multiple sclerosis
11. Assists in fat metabolism
12. Helps with weight management
13. Purifies blood
14. Fights depression
15. Reduces the ill effects of chemotherapy
16. Protects against radiation
17. Eliminates parasites
18. Promotes healthy digestion
19. Thins gut mucus
20. Protects against heavy metal toxicity
21. Aids in wound healing
22. Fights yeast
23. Promotes healthy circulation
24. Restores damaged skin
25. Relieves pain from leech bites
26. Fights infection
27. Protects from free radicals
28. Supports healthy bones, ligaments, joints and skeletal system
29. Boosts the immune system
30. Protection from food poisoning
31. Helps with anxiety
32. Fights aging
33. Protects against memory loss
34. Eases allergies
35. Heals chemical injuries
36. Relieves itching from poison ivy and bug bites
37. Prevents melanoma (skin cancer)
38. Stops the growth of new blood vessels in tumors
Useful for the following conditions:
40. Stomach pain
41. Kidney problems
43. Intestinal gas
44. Gum inflammation
49. Upset stomach
54. Loss of appetite
58. Hardening of the arteries
60. Menstrual problems
63. Swimmer’s ear
64. Childhood leukemia
65. Bad cholesterol
66. Chicken pox
68. Common colds
Turmeric enhances the functions of your cells and permits them to communicate and function properly . It may also help with the following conditions:
71. Crohn’s disease
74. Rheumatoid arthritis
76. Inflammatory bowel disease
77. Ulcerative colitis
79. Leaky Gut
80. Irritable bowel syndrome
And the list must go on! Here are even more ways turmeric is useful:
81. Tea to ease sleep problems
82. Facial wash to even out skin tone
83. Natural skin bronzer
84. Scalp conditioner
85. Hangover reliever
86. Stress reliever
87. Natural foundation
88. Weight-loss tonic
89. Healthy additive to homemade soap
90. Homemade toothpaste
91. Dark circle reducer
92. Hair-thinning agent
93. Healthy addition to smoothies
94. Sprinkle it on your eggs at breakfast
95. Add to soups and stews
96. Toss with vegetable or fruit dishes
97. Incorporate it when making baked goods
98. To get rid of acne and acne scars
99. A natural dye for easter eggs, t-shirts and play dough
HOW You Can Start To Include Turmeric In Your Daily Life:
This powerful herb has the ability to drastically improve your health!
Choose 3-5 ways of the ways above to use turmeric and incorporate them into your daily health routine TODAY!
Share the POWER of Turmeric with your network now by sharing this post on your Facebook and Twitter.
Source: The Alternative Daily
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS