9 Up-And-Coming Healthy Fast Food Chains That Might Scare McDonald’s
9 Up-And-Coming Healthy Fast Food Chains That Should Scare McDonald’s
Written by: Kat Gal
Fast food. It’s a love and hate relationship.
You know that all the classic fast food places, including McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell and KFC, are bad news for your health. They serve processed food filled with added sugar, unhealthy fats, artificial ingredients and way too many calories. Fast food like this can lead to obesity and all kinds of disease, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Still, fast food is so convenient sometimes. You are not the only one who wants to eat healthy, but also needs the convenience of food sometimes.
It is not surprising that there is an increasing demand for healthy fast food places. More and more of them are popping up around the U.S. Though at this point, they are regional, in the near future, we can expect a natural bloom of healthy and nutritious fast food.
Here are 9 up-n-coming healthy fast food places to pay attention to:
- Salad and Go: Salad and Go is a drive-thru salad chain that serves salads, soups, smoothies and breakfast items. They are located in Arizona and they are looking to expand elsewhere in the U.S. by 2020.
- LYFE Kitchen: LYFE is backed by Art Smith, Oprah’s former personal chef and sells low-calorie dishes low in sodium and free from MSG, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, cream, butter and trans fat. As of now they are located in California, Colorado, Nevada, Illinois, Tennessee and Texas.
- Veggie Grill: Veggie Grill is a vegan chain with a menu full of delicious burgers and comforting fast food. They are located in Oregon, Washington and California and looking to expand by 2020.
- Eatsa: Eatsa is an automated vegetarian chain that allows you to order on ipads, yet still employs human cooks and servers. Right now you can find them in San Francisco and LA, but are soon opening in DC and NYC.
- Dig Inn: Dig Inn’s focus is locally sourced vegetables and farm-to-table meals fast food style in compostable boxes. You can find them in NYC and Boston.
- The Kitchenette: The Kitchenette is a grab-and-go joint serving sandwiches, soups and salads at an affordable price. They are currently located in Tennessee.
- Freshii: Freshii has been around for 10 years serving plant-based food, including salads, wraps and bowls. They have over 300 locations around the U.S., including at airports, stadiums and Target.
- Everytable: Everytable doesn’t only offer healthy food, including salads and bowls, but also adjusts its prices depending on its locations and what local customers can afford. They are currently located in LA and looking to expand soon.
- LocoL: LocoL offers a new take on traditional fast food, including cheeseburgers with cooked grains and tofu and only 30% beef patties, chicken nuggets with fermented barley and aqua fresca instead of sodas, all at an affordable price. They are located in LA, but hoping to open other locations nationwide.
Even if you are not living in these areas, the future is bright. All these 9 healthy fast food places are looking to expand and new healthy chains and healthy non-chain restaurants are going to open up nationwide. Look around, check Yelp and HappyCow for recommendations in your area.
What other ways can you sneak speedy nutrition into your body?
An even better and faster way to add lots of nutrition quickly into your diet is through superfoods. Organifi juices are true fast food. Organifi Green Juice, for example, can hydrate and revitalize your body, boost your immune function, naturally balance your hormones, alkalizes your system, relieve stress, detoxify your body and support your mental clarity.
Just mix any of our juices with a glass of water and voila, you are ready to go. For more substance, try Organifi Complete Protein, it can satisfy your taste buds, protect your digestion, and aid your weight loss. You can also add any of our Organifi superfood mixes into smoothies, shakes, desserts and raw and cooked recipes to make them even more healthy.
Have you visited any of these 9 healthy fast food places? Do you have any other healthy fast food restaurants in your area that you’d recommend? How about healthy traditional restaurants, cafes and other eateries? Share them in the comments below. We would love to try these places if we visit your area.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS