9 Tips & Tricks To Naturally Lose Weight AT HOME
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You know those people that are naturally trim and fit?
Well, I’m NOT one of them… but my best friend and boyfriend are.
And it became very apparent to me this past week while we were all vacationing together that no matter how MUCH or WHAT they ate, their toned tummies… well… stayed toned.
Meanwhile, I was having a battle with my jean shorts (post lunch) in determining whether to tuck in my love handles, which made my shorts VERY short, or cover my butt cheeks and let my love handles runneth over.
Damn, let me tell you that struggle was REAAAAAAAAAL.
While I am thankful and grateful for having overall great health, it doesn’t stop me from willing away the little extra jiggle that comes and goes from my midsection (which just so happens to correlate with the times I’m living in Italy… because, pizza).
Ya feel me? You’ve been there… right?
When you are looking to slim down, embrace these tried and true tips and tricks to lose weight right at home!
9 Tips & Tricks To Naturally Lose Weight At Home
|Eat WHOLE, Single Ingredient Foods
- Eliminates the majority of added sugar, added fat and processed foods
- Naturally VERY filling
- Makes it easier to keep within healthy calorie limits
- Provides your body with many essential nutrients
- Needed for your body to function properly
- EAT whole foods:
- Nuts and seeds
- Lean meats (organic, grass-fed, hormone free)
- Helps your body stay hydrated and functioning properly
- Replace other beverages (soda, processed juices) with water
|Limit Your Intake Of Added SUGAR
- Linked with many diseases, such as:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sugar can be disguised by many names on ingredients lists. KNOW what to look for:
- Sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, agave nectar and MANY more
- Eating WHOLE foods will help you avoid added sugar!
|Avoid Liquid Calories
- Your brain does NOT register liquid calories the same way it does solid food
- Often leads to overconsumption of calories
- Come from: sodas, fruit juices, flavored milk, energy drinks and sports drinks
- Are associated with an increased risk of obesity
|Avoid Processed Foods
- High in added fats, sugars and calories
- Engineered to make you crave more
- Much more likely to cause addictive-like eating
- EAT unprocessed, whole foods instead
|EAT Coconut Oil
- Replace some fat with coconut oil
- High in medium-chain triglycerides
- Metabolized differently than other fats
- Helps slightly boost your metabolism
- Can help reduce belly fat
- Very satisfying fuel for your body, which helps you eat fewer calories
- Live bacteria with various health benefits
- Improves digestive and heart health
- Can help with weight loss by reducing appetite
- Helps regulate healthy gut bacteria
- Blocks the absorption of dietary fat
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Sleep-deprived people are more likely to become obese
- Sleep deprivation disrupts your daily fluctuations in appetite hormones
- Leads to poor appetite regulation
|Add SPICE To Your Meals
- Contain a compound called capsaicin
- Found in chili peppers and jalapenos
- Helps boost metabolism
- Increases the burning of fat
- Reduces appetite and calorie intake
Before you spring into weight loss action, please SHARE with us your TOP weight loss tip in the comment section below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS