9 Tiny Tweaks You Can Make NOW To Upgrade Your Life
By Lindsay Sibson
Change can be hard.
Majorly overhauling your daily routine seems nearly impossible – you have that routine in place to HELP you, afterall!
However, making tiny tweaks to your daily routine can be a much easier method of evoking positive change in your life.
The following tiny tweaks take just a few minutes to incorporate, but can have a powerful impact on your habits and produce almost immediate results.
Here are the 9 tiny tweaks you can make NOW to majorly upgrade your life:
1. Drink at least a LITER of water upon waking up:“Hydration is the key to lasting energy and most people become fatigued, because they are dehydrated!
Set yourself up for success by putting a bottle of water on your bedside table so it is ready for you first thing in the morning. Water is essential for proper digestion and circulation, waste elimination, various chemical reactions and nutrient absorption – keep drinking water throughout the day to massively upgrade your health.
2. Practice gratitude and give thanks: “Thank You.” These two words have the power to make you happier, according to Harvard Scientists. Start your day off with thinking of what you are thankful for while brushing your teeth. Continue this gratitude throughout the day to create an uplifting and happy tone all day long.
3. Go for a walk outside: Walking gives you time to think, reflect, brainstorm and problem solve. Aim for at least 10 minutes a day as a way to improve your creativity.
4. Read for 20 minutes: Reading is the ultimate way to gather information and LEARN. Set aside time each day to read and expand your mind.
5. Log a sweat session: Exercise is one of the highest impacting activities you can do to upgrade your health. Sweating from intense exercise releases endorphins. These endorphins are what make you feel good and prevent depression, stress and anxiety. Sweating also filters your blood and helps your body to get rid of toxins through your skin, making you feel lighter, better and happier!
6. Eliminate or reduce toxins: You are bombarded with chemicals all day everyday! Reducing or completely eliminating toxins from your life and diet can make it easier for your body to maintain its natural healthy state.
Here are the top toxins to avoid: tobacco, alcohol, sugar, caffeine and plastics. These substances have an acidic effect in your body and can disrupt your hormones. Try this delicious green smoothie to cleanse your body of toxins.
7. Add Superfoods into your diet: A superfood is considered to be a nutrient-rich food that is especially beneficial for your health and well-being.
Add these to your diet for an instant health upgrade:
- Turmeric: The curcumin in turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also has the power to:
- Neutralize free radicals
- Increase the growth of new neurons
- Fight various degenerative processes in the brain
- Be beneficial for heart health
- Help prevent cancer and Alzheimer’s disease
- Aid with symptoms of arthritis
- Alleviate symptoms of depression
- Matcha Tea: This tea has over 100 times the antioxidants of regular green tea! The health benefits include:
- Improved mental alertness and clarity
- Stronger immune defense and detoxification
- Helps relaxation
- Prevents bacterial, fungal and viral infections, cancer and type-2 diabetes
- Helps maintain cardiovascular health and gastrointestinal health
- Works as an energy booster
- Spirulina: A blue-green algae rich in protein, minerals, B vitamins, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid), this superfood:
- Has a high supply of carotenoids, which have antioxidant properties
- Is beneficial for anxiety, ADHD, depression, diabetes, fatigue, heart disease, high cholesterol and PMS
- Can improve your immune system and memory
- Assists in helping wounds and weight loss
8. Take care of business: Do the MOST important thing you have to do… FIRST! Take a moment at the start of each day to brainstorm and think of what needs to get done that day. Whatever is the most important – get it done NOW and you are sure to feel less stressed throughout the day.
9. Compliment someone: Make it your mission each day to compliment at least 1 person. Doing so can release “happy chemicals” in your body, which can make you feel great!
Embracing the above 9 tiny tweaks and adding them into your daily routine will surely enhance your life ASAP.
Start right NOW by choosing at least 3 that you can do within the next 3 hours, such as drinking water, complimenting someone and going for a walk outside.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS