9 Reasons Why You Need To Eat Olives TODAY
By Lindsay Sibson
Hello. My name is Lindsay and I am an olive-oholic.
Something inside of me comes more alive when I set my eyes on olives! The saltiness… juiciness… you really can’t have “just a few”.
Aside from being absolutely delicious, olives are also versatile and can be used in salads, dressings, dips… or keep it simple and just pop some in your mouth as a healthy and satisfying snack.
In the health department, olives certainly deliver a powerful dose of nutrients, healthy fats and antioxidants. Check out the incredible health benefits of olives below!
Benefits Of Olives
- Contains fiber, which promotes digestive tract health by moving food through your system at a healthy pace.
- Support the balance of chemicals and microorganisms required for a healthy digestive system.
- Contains monounsaturated fats and vitamin E.
- Both associated with lower rates of colon cancer.
- Neutralize free radicals.
- Protects against ulcers and gastritis.
|Supports Weight Loss
- Helps break down fat inside your fat cells, which can help you get rid of belly fat and reduce insulin insensitivity.
- Will help you eat fewer calories overall due to the rich and satisfying fat content.
- Increases serotonin levels.
- A satiety hormone that makes you feel full.
- Contain antioxidants nutrients, which stop the oxidation of free radicals and help prevent heart disease:
- When free radicals oxidize cholesterol, fat builds up in your arteries and damages blood vessels.
- Both can lead to heart attack.
- Olives have healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Increases good cholesterol.
- Reduces the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Fats found in olives (and olive oil) help decrease blood pressure.
|Hair And Skin Health
- Rich in fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Nourishes, hydrates, and protects your hair and skin.
- Vitamin E helps protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation.
- Guards against premature aging and skin cancer.
- For glowing skin:
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Use a few drops of olive oil and rub onto your skin.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Safely moisturize your entire body with olive oil.
- Mix olive oil with an egg yolk to create a conditioning hair mask.
|Excellent Source of Iron
- Especially black olives!
- Lack of iron causes your tissues to not get enough oxygen, which leads you to feeling weak of cold.
- Iron is vital in the production of energy.
- Proper function of your immune system relies on having enough iron.
- Necessary for various enzymes to function properly.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress are factors in the development of cancer.
- Vitamin E content neutralizes free radicals in body fat.
- Olive extracts function as anti-histamine at a cellular level.
- Helps block histamine receptors.
- Lessens a cell’s histamine response.
- Improves circulation, helping your breathe easier.
- Increases blood flow and lessens the effects of asthma due to olive’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- Provides various antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, which act as a natural pain reliever.
- Contains oleocanthal.
- An anti-inflammatory substance.
- Contains vitamin A, which is vital for healthy eyes.
- Effective against cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and other age-related eye diseases.
- Allows your eyes to better distinguish between dark and light.
Because we all know an olive-lover… don’t forget to SHARE this article with them now!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS