9 Liver Detox Super Stars
Written by: Steve Fillmore
When you hear of liver detoxing, you may think that you are going to have to go on some sort of expensive juice fast or use some unknown herbal magic formula from ancient China.
But that is not necessarily the case. Truthfully, those methods can be expensive and time consuming. And that doesn’t work for everyone!
The good news is, with the support of eating whole foods consistently, your liver is better able to detoxify itself more efficiently on a daily basis.
Your liver is by far the hardest working organ in the entire body. It’s responsible for over 500 functions ranging from metabolism, immune function and acting as your detoxification system. The liver’s main job is to filter blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing and entering the rest of the body.
One of the best ways to help relieve the toxic load on your liver is to eat whole foods that optimize your liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Here are a few whole foods to eat on a daily basis to best support your liver and all that it has to do to keep you healthy!
9 Liver Detox Super Stars
2. Brussels sprouts
Compounds found in these whole foods help to increase beneficial enzymes in the liver to help remove toxins out of your body.
Here are some yummy recipes to get you started!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Onions And Garlic
- 10 ounces of brussels sprouts, cut in halves
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ghee or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
- Cut the stalk end of the brussels sprouts and cut in half or slice thinly.
- Mince onions and garlic cloves.
- Throw all three ingredients into baking dish and highly coat with ghee or coconut oil oil.
- Bake until brussels sprouts are lightly brown and tender.
- Toss half through to make sure brussels sprouts are all golden brown.
- Light salt and pepper.
Bok Choy Salad with Broccoli And Onions
- ½ head bok choy leaves, torn and sliced diagonally
- 2-3 florets of broccoli, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved with veggie peeler
- Knuckle sized ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, diced
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sriracha Chile Sauce
- 1Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Braggs Liquid aminos
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until creamy texture.
- Toss in salad and top off with either peanuts or Tiger nuts for a little extra fiber.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS