8 Powerful Detox Tips You MUST Do Daily
By Kat Gal
With spring around the corner, it is not only time for nature to blossom, but for your body to awaken as well. Yes, it is time for a spring cleansing!
When you think about detoxing, the first things that probably come to mind are juice cleanses, raw food cleanses and herbal detox programs. But detoxing doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, it is an easy and on-going thing that you can do every day.
Here are 8 powerful detox tips to start doing daily:
1. Drink lemon water in the morning. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and mix it with 16 oz of warm water. Warm lemon water is a powerful way to kick-start your internal detox organs by cleansing your liver and activating bowel release. Lemon water is not only for the morning time either. Feel free to add lemon to any – or all – of your glasses of water throughout the day as it helps with alkalizing your body and contains necessary amounts of vitamin C as well.
2. Hydrate your body. Dehydration is incredibly dangerous and can lead to all kinds of health conditions. Proper hydration is essential for all aspects of your health, including detoxification. Getting enough water in during the day allows your organs to eliminate toxins from your body. Make sure to drink at least 8-10 8 oz glasses of water a day. You may add lemons to your water or make vitamin water by adding fruits and vegetables, however, keep in mind that your green juices, teas and other drinks do not count as glasses of water.
3. Have a green drink. Green juices and smoothies are easy and potent ways to get lots of leafy greens and other vegetables into your diet without any effort. They aid your blood cells to work better, overflow your system with essential nutrients and alkalize your body. If you don’t have time to juice, make a smoothie, or simply want to add something extra in, you can mix green juice powders with water as well (Organifi is a super tasty green juice powder that you can use for this.)
4. Have plenty of leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. Besides drinking your veggies, don’t forget to eat them too. Make a gigantic green salad, saute or steam some vegetables, make a stir-fry, or eat vegetable soups for lunch and dinner. Add plenty of veggies to your sandwiches. Snack on some fruit throughout the day or vegetable sticks dipped in guacamole.
5. Take probiotics. When you are detoxing, you not only want toxins to release from your organs, but to also exit your body for good, instead of floating inside your body. To ensure an effective elimination, to fight bad bacteria in your gut and to create a healthy gut flora, probiotics are especially essential.
Eating probiotic-rich foods, such as sauerkraut, kimchi and other fermented foods is important and is a good daily habit. However, to ensure that you are getting the necessary amount of probiotics every day, it is crucial that you take daily probiotic pills as well (try our Biotic Balance Probiotics).
6. Dry skin brush. Dry skin brushing is an easy and inexpensive way to detox. All you need is a brush and 5 – 10 minutes before a shower. Dry skin brushing stimulates your lymphatic system, which is one of your most important detox systems that is responsible for killing off pathogens in your body. After just a few weeks, you will notice a difference. As a bonus, your skin will be smoother and softer too.
7. Move your body. Exercise will help your skin to cleanse through sweating, move your lymphatic system and stimulate your bowels. As a result, toxins will leave your body faster and more effectively. Exercise will also ensure a happy mood through endorphins being released. Make sure to exercise a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day every.
8. Reduce stress. Stress keeps your body in a fight or flight mode and instead of being in a healing and cleansing state, it will be prone to disease due being in an acidic state. Reducing stress will help your body to relax and to allow cleansing to happen.
There are many ways to reduce stress and create a relaxed state. Go for a walk in nature, hug a tree, smell a flower, or lay in the grass. Sit down to meditate for 5-10 minutes a day. Journal. Take time to breathe slowly and deeply. Pay attention to your posture and relax your muscles.
If you have any detox tips, please feel free to share below. Let me know if you have any questions. We always love to hear from you!
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS