8 Must-Have Immunity Boosters
By Lindsay Sibson
Being sick is just plain UGH.
Aside from being able to binge watch your favorite Netflix series… there really isn’t anything pleasurable about being sick.
Watery eyes. Sinus pressure. Sneezing and sniffling. The list can go on and on (unfortunately), which is why it is super important for you to have a strong and effective immune system to keep you illness-free!
You were likely taught to cover your cough, sneeze in your elbow, wash your hands and disinfect germ-laden surfaces.
Protecting yourself from icky illnesses starts from within!
Here is how to build a strong immune system from the inside out:
1. Eat Whole Foods – These help protect your cells from free-radical damage.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that protect against free-radical damage.
2. Exercise – Increases leukocyte levels that fight off infection.
- Aim for 30 minutes of daily movement, such as a brisk walk.
3. Relax – Yoga, t’ai chi and other relaxation techniques boosts your immunity and improves your sleep.
- Too much stress exposes your body to elevated levels of cortisol and adrenaline, which suppress immunity.
Now it’s time to take it up a notch!
These supplements, foods and herbs can help support and encourage a more robust and responsive immune system. Incorporating these into your daily care routine can certainly increase your body’s ability to fight off infection and illness and keep you incredibly healthy!
8 Must-Have Immunity Boosters:
|Vitamin C & D
- Your immune system requires vitamin C & D to function
- Vitamin C:
- Helps production of anti stress hormones
- Makes interferon, an immune system protein
- Stimulates production of infection-fighting white blood cells
- Lack of vitamin D increases your susceptibility to infection
- Essential mineral that promotes immunity
- Most common mineral in body (next to iron)
- Zinc depletion decreases function of immune system cells
- Contains vitamin C
- Compounds in elderberries may help block viruses from entering cells
- Limits viruses ability to spread
- Helps boost recovery time from illnesses
- Enhances immune function to protect against infection
- Contains vitamin C and zinc, which support immune response
- Gut-friendly bacteria are needed for a strong immune system
- Take a probiotic supplements or eat yogurt with live cultures or kefir 3-5 times per week to boost your immunity
- Considered a superfood for immune support
- Helps lower stress and relaxes you
- Fights bacteria and viruses
- Helps fight against colds and the flu
- Can regulate your body’s inflammation response
- Promotes peak immune system performance
- Stimulates phagocytes, white blood cells that target bacteria
- Mix with ashwagandha to help reduce stress and boost immunity
Help others boost their health by SHARING this article with them now!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS