8 Happy, Natural Ways To Boost Your Mood NOW
By Lindsay Sibson
You have them.
So do I.
Your coworker? Yup – him too.
The wealthiest person you know? YUP – her too.
What I’m talking about is when you are having “one of those days.”
Everyone has “those days.”
Being in a good mood ROCKS… but you are human and bound to have a bad moods from time to time.
When you are having a hot mess of a day, turn to one or more of these 8 techniques to give you an instant boost in your mood. These tips will help you get out of your head and into a happier place.
8 Natural Ways To Boost Your Mood RIGHT NOW
- Take a moment to STOP and think of happy and positive thoughts… thoughts that will make you smile.
- A genuine smile prompts your brain to change and enhance your mood.
- Smile at others and become happily fulfilled when they smile back.
- Need extra help: Watch something funny or uplifting on Youtube. My personal favorite is “best singing auditions” – makes me feel inspired, gives me goosebumps and brings a smile to my face. Find your “go to” video for when you need an extra nudge.
|Move Your Body
- Not getting enough exercise has been linked to increased feelings of depression.
- Excessive sitting increases symptoms.
- Regular physical activity helps relieve symptoms of depression.
- Exercise increases the neurotransmitter anandamide (known as the “bliss compound”).
- Gives you that happy and “high” feeling post workout.
- Pick something you are curious about and LEARN more about it.
- Make sure to choose something you are passionate about and interested in – NOT something that you have to learn for work/school.
- Spend 15 minutes reading, watching, studying and learning about your chosen topic.
- Suggestion: The TED Youtube channel is a great place to start for excellent content.
- Natural sunlight instantly enhances your mood.
- Exposure to outdoor light releases endorphins, which promote a positive mood.
- Sun exposure optimizes your vitamin D levels.
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with chronic depression and seasonal affective disorder.
- Aim to get 20 minutes of time in the sun to maximize your happiness.
|“Eat That Frog”
- Imagine if you knew you HAD to eat a frog tomorrow. Would you wait all day to do it (which would consume your mind all day) OR would you make it the FIRST thing you do to “get it out of the way?”
- The build-up to doing a task is WORSE than actually just getting it done!
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by completing a task you’ve been avoiding.
|Phone A Friend
- Reach out to someone (friend, family, coworker) by giving them a call or sending them a friendly e-mail.
- Helps you build a closer bond with others.
- Strong social ties are key for your overall wellbeing.
- Extra happiness: give someone a hug!
|Clear Junk And Organize
- Cluttered and disorganized environments can lead to inner conflict and strife.
- Task: Set a timer for 10 minutes and focus on just ONE area in which you need to clear:
- Kitchen counter
- “Junk” drawer
- Any unused or unwanted can be used for…
- A Donation: Donate the unwanted or unused items you collected when you were clearing your clutter.
- Donate blood.
- Sign up to be an organ donor.
- Donate your time and skills.
- Animal shelter.
- Community clean up.
- Food kitchen.
- A Good Deed: Helping others provides a natural mood boost.
- “Pay it forward” by helping someone else – it can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in line!
- Volunteering lowers your risk of anxiety and depression.
- Boosts your psychological well-being.
- Keeps you active.
- Social aspect helps you connect with others.
- Can help give you a sense of purpose.
- Helping others releases feel-good hormones while lowering stress hormones.
Now it’s time to go on and be happy (click for a musical outro)!
Spread the cheer by SHARING this articles now!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS