8 Foods To Boost Your Libido
Written by: Keara Palmay
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you and your Valentine are looking to get hot and heavy, I’ve got some treats in store for you!
According to Dictionary.com, the definition for libido is “sexual appetite”…
Speaking of appetite, I hope you’re hungry because you are about to find out which foods and herbs you can eat for enhanced libido and sexual performance!
Before I begin, I would like to note that testosterone is the sex-drive hormone in both men and women. Therefore, testosterone affects the libido of both sexes – yes, ladies, you too!
Here are 8 libido-boosting foods/herbs to share with your Valentine this holiday!
1. Watermelon contains citrulline, an amino acid that relaxes blood vessels. This improves blood flow to erectile tissues (in both males and females). Some bodybuilders take citrulline supplements before working out to give them greater stamina. We all want stamina in the bedroom!
2. Avocados have long been considered an aphrodisiac. As a matter of fact, the Aztecs called the avocado tree ahuacati, or “testicle tree.” Avocados boost sexual libido in both males and females. They are also rich in vitamin B6, which boosts testosterone levels; and potassium, which helps regulate a woman’s thyroid gland.
3. Ginseng boosts energy and increases testosterone levels. It also improves mood, stamina, strength and combats emotional stress and fatigue!
4. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc. Zinc increases sperm count and maintains prostate health. It also helps sustain sexual desire in women. Pumpkin seeds block an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen and may be beneficial for hormonal balance.
5. Ginger dilates your blood vessels and delivers rushes of blood to all of the right places! Plus, it’s anti-inflammatory and great for circulation.
6. Asparagus contains a great deal of folate. Folate regulates the production of histamine, the chemical that is released during an orgasm. Additionally, it is rich in Vitamin E, which enhances mood and desire.
7. Nuts like almonds, pistachios, Brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts are a great source of L-arginine. L-arginine gets converted into nitric oxide, which helps keep your arteries flexible and improves blood flow.
8. Ashwagandha is an herb that has been used to enhance the libido for centuries. Research shows that ashwagandha has an aphrodisiac effect and improves sexual performance. It lowers stress while boosting testosterone, libido and muscle mass.
Now that you know what to eat to elevate your sexual desire, try experimenting in the kitchen with a new recipe or two and make your evening extra special.
Keara Palmay is a Certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer. Her interest in health and wellness peaked after her own personal battle with cancer. While Keara was fortunate enough to beat cancer at the young age of seventeen, chemotherapy left her body badly damaged. Because of this, she was committed to doing everything in her power to elevate her health to a level greater than it had ever been before.
Today, Keara owns her own virtual coaching business called High Off Health and is pursuing her Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition through the University of Bridgeport. Her mission is to empower others to take control of their health and well-being by living each moment to its fullest.
Latest posts by Keara Palmay (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS