7 Ways To Show Yourself LOVE This Week (Because You Need It!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
When I woke up yesterday, I knew I wasn’t alone.
Someone had invaded my space.
Sure my boyfriend’s handsome face was slumbering beside me, but there was someone else… something else lingering about.
While I usually wake up with a pep in my step and a bright and cheery attitude, this morning was different.
There was a looming sense of darkness and destruction…
And then it dawned on me – HORMOOOOOONES! It was “that time of the month.”
Whelp, after my morning cup of coffee, I precisely took my cranky butt to the beach and read in the sun… for HOURS.
The result? I felt refreshed, renewed and most importantly, CALM.
Because I took a timeout to take CARE of myself. Any you should too – EVERYDAY!
What Is Self Care?
- Self care is CARE that is provided FOR you, BY you.
- Identifying your own needs and taking the steps and actions to meet them.
- Taking the time to do activities that nurture you.
- Taking proper care of yourself.
- Treating yourself kindly – as you treat others.
Why Self Care Is Important EVERY DAY
Taking time every day to focus on yourself and take care of yourself is vital in maintaining a healthy relationship WITH yourself.
Engaging in activities that are FOR you produces positives feelings, which has the effect of improving your self love, confidence and self-esteem!
7 Ways To LOVE Yourself This Week
|Go For A Walk In Nature
- Boosts circulation and increases oxygen in your blood supply, which can make you feel more alert and energetic
- Being active releases endorphins, which help make you feel happy and reduce stress
- Reduces your risk of disease by up to 60% (heart disease, diabetes, cancer, asthma, etc.)
- Boosts your vitamin D level, which plays a big role in your immunity and bone health
|Take A Relaxing Bath
- Reduces stress levels
- Draws out toxins
- Balances your pH levels
- Try this Simple Detox Bath tonight!
- Thinking happy thoughts for 15 consecutive minutes a day can help keep you focused on positive emotions
- The goal is to keep your mind from becoming distracted by focusing and thinking happy thoughts NONSTOP for a stretch of 10-15 minutes
- Just 20 minutes of daily meditation can make you a much happier person overall!
- Releases tension and stress throughout your body
- Improves your posture
- Helps your spine have proper alignment, which relieves aches and pains!
- Promotes blood circulation
- Promotes organ function and cell growth
- New to yoga? Ease into it using THIS VIDEO
|Write In A Journal
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Helps manage depression
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps manage the effects of trauma and illness
|Drink A Green Juice
- Floods your body with vitamins and minerals
- Provides a great, all-natural energy boost
- If you are busy (or travel), consider using a green juice powder (like Organifi) – I use it while backpacking to stay healthy
|Listen To Your Favorite Podcast
- Feed your mind with positive and uplifting knowledge
- Can be a source of inspiration and ideas
- Is motivational and supportive
- Personally, I love Lewis Howe’s The School of Greatness
12 Self Care Mantras To Live By:
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Trust your instincts.
3. Be kind to yourself.
4. Say EXACTLY what you mean.
5. Don’t be afraid to say “No.”
6. And also don’t be afraid to say “Yes.”
7. Never speak bad about yourself.
8. Never give up on your dreams.
9. Stay away from drama and negativity.
10. Let go of what you can’t control.
11. Don’t be a people pleaser.
12. LOVE. Simply love yourself and others.
How do you like to show yourself love and self-care? Please SHARE with us below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS