7 Reasons To Not Skip Breakfast
By Brandi Monasco
7 Reasons To Not Skip Breakfast
There’s a good chance that you have heard to never skip breakfast, or that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And while it’s completely understandable to miss breakfast some days because of the hectic lifestyle that many of us lead, you should actually try to make time to have a nutritious breakfast before walking out the door and starting your day.
If you are one of the many people who occasionally skip breakfast, or skip it on a daily basis, here are a few good reasons why you should make sure to make time for breakfast!
1. Eating Breakfast Boosts Your Energy. It’s understandable to not be a ball of energy when you first wake up in the morning. But having breakfast will surely increase your energy levels and give you that energy you need to get your day going. According to a study that was published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, eating foods for breakfast that are low in carbs and high in fiber will make you feel less tired during the day.
2. Eating Breakfast Helps You Focus Better. When your stomach is empty, it’s pretty hard to concentrate on the task that you have at hand. Chances are that you’re more worried about your stomach rumbling and when you’re going to be able to have the chance to eat lunch. When you eat breakfast, your stomach will be content and you will be able to focus a lot better.
3. Eating Breakfast Boosts Your Metabolism. When you’re trying to lose weight, boosting your metabolism is very important. When you sleep at night, your metabolism decreases. Eating a healthy breakfast will help jumpstart your metabolism for the day. Having a faster metabolism means that you will be able to burn more calories during the day, which in the end, means that you will weigh less.
4. Eating Breakfast Means That You Will Be Less Hungry During The Day. When you eat breakfast, you’re less likely to overeat and consume more calories during the rest of the day.
5. Eating Breakfast Improves Your Mood. Are you one of the many people who feels grumpy and irritated when you get hungry? Eating breakfast not only relieves that grumpy and irritated feeling by getting some food in your stomach, but it can also actually improve your mood for the remainder of the day.
6. Eating Breakfast Lowers Your Risk Of A Heart Attack. Eating a healthy breakfast can help lower your “bad” cholesterol. This cholesterol is what increases your risk of having heart disease, heart attack, or a stroke. Skipping breakfast actually increases your risk of having “bad” cholesterol that can lead to other serious health complications.
7. Eating Breakfast Is Great For Your Overall Health. Eating breakfast each day is beneficial for you in more than one way. In fact, eating breakfast each day is good for your overall health and can help prevent some serious illness or diseases down the road. One study found that eating breakfast daily can actually decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes in women and it also found that it reduces obesity because it helps you in refraining from eating that mid-morning snack.
Need some quick breakfast ideas? Give some of these a try:
Source, Source, Source
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS