7 Reasons To Eat Cantaloupe This Week
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Fresh… juicy… melon.
Ahhhhh! The sweet tastes of summer.
It is OH, so refreshing to sink your teeth into a chilled piece of fruit after a hot and sweaty day in the sun.
Not only does cantaloupe offer you a sweet way to cool down, but it is also FULL of good-for-your-body nutrients!
What Is Cantaloupe?
They are a member of the botanical family, Cucurbitaceae (along with watermelons and honeydew).
When ripe, they have a mildly sweet and juicy flavor – and make a perfect healthy snack or dessert!
Cantaloupe are also commonly called: rock melons, Persian melons, muskmelons and mush melons.
Health Benefits Of Cantaloupe
- High in fiber and moisture
- Help prevent constipation
- Promote regular bowel movements
- Help maintain a healthy digestive tract
- High water content
- Rich in electrolytes
- Make a great snack to help prevent dehydration
- Filled with heart healthy elements, such as fiber, potassium, choline and vitamin C
- Foods high in potassium, such as cantaloupe, help decrease blood pressure, reduce risk of stroke and protect against loss of muscle mass
- The beta-carotene content helps lower the risk of developing asthma
- Other great foods to eat are pumpkin, carrots and leafy greens
- Vitamin C also protects against asthma
- Cantaloupe is rich in choline, which is vital to your body for:
- Muscle movement
- Learning and memory
- Maintaining the structure of cellular membranes
- Helps your body absorb fat and reduce chronic inflammation
|Hair And Skin
- Cantaloupe contains vitamin A, a beneficial nutrient required for sebum protection
- Keeps hair healthy and moisturized
- Necessary for growth of tissues (hair and skin)
- Vitamin C content in cantaloupe is helpful in building and maintaining collagen
- Provides structure to hair and skin
Now that you know some of the incredible reasons WHY you need to eat more cantaloupe this week… let’s take a look at how you can incorporate MORE of this juicy melon into your daily diet:
Healthy Cantaloupe Recipes
What is your favorite way to eat cantaloupe? SHARE with the Fitlife community below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS