7 Outstanding Uses Of Orange Peels
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Hmmmmm… time for a sweet and healthy snack!
You grab a ripe and juicy orange, tear of the peel, devour each succulent bite, then throw away the peel.
That torn up orange peel can be put to use!
WHAT Makes Orange Peels Useful?
- Contain MORE vitamin C than its juicy insides
- Strengthens the immune system
- Makes your skin healthier
To take advantage of the FULL vitamin C content of oranges… check out how to use the peels in the chart below.
How To Use Orange Peels
Note: Some remedies require “orange peel powder,” which you can make by drying orange peels in the sun and then grinding them with a food processor or blender.
|Bad Hangover Eliminator
- Boil a whole orange peel with a dash of sea salt in water for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Sip slowly to help rehydrate your body
|Gentle Skin Whitener
- Create a healthy sun-kissed look without damaging your skin!
- Mix the orange peel powder with a pinch of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply it to your skin using gloves (or make sure you wash your hands well after the application)
- Wait 30 minutes before thoroughly washing it off
- Boil the orange peels (whole) in water for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Transfer the liquid into a small glass bottle
- Using a cotton ball, pat it onto skin to reduce shininess caused by excess oil as well as minimize pores
|Mosquito Bite Inhibitor
- Simply run a whole orange peel on the affected area to help relieve itchiness
|Deep Hair Conditioner
- Use the orange peel powder by mixing it with a bit of water to create a paste
- Massage the paste onto your scalp for a deep conditioning treatment
- Also helps get rid of dandruff and keep your scalp itch-free
|Dead Skin Cell Remover
- Combine your dried orange powder with sugar and olive oil
- Gently massage the mixture onto your face using circular motions
- Acts as an exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and soften your skin
- Wash off with water and a mild face cleanser (if necessary)
|Rejuvenating Bath Booster
- Add the orange peel powder to your bath for a rejuvenating boost!
Time to get peeling! Which orange peel use will you try first?
We’d love to hear from you! Let us know your experiences in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS