7 Easy Steps To An Invigorating Facial Massage
Written by: Kavata Kithome
The topic of health is broad and wide and – aside from nutrition and fitness – two of my favorite methods for maintaining good health are self-care and self-love.
Self-care and self-love open up the opportunity for you to spend some time with YOU, slow your mind and heal. One of the greatest ways to perform self-care and love is giving yourself a massage.
You don’t even have to dig up the cash to pay for one – a self-massage is the next best thing! Self-massage is inexpensive and can be done in the privacy of your home.
When massaging yourself, the key is to be patient and open yourself up to the experience. I find that massaging my face is one of the most invigorating experiences of recovery that I can give myself. It increases circulation, tightens the skin and can really help to relieve migraine headaches. I think of my own self-messages as my me time, a time when I can practice some self-care and love on my beautiful, hardworking self.
Today, I would like to share 7 easy steps for a relieving and invigorating facial massage. The best time to do this massage is during your nightly routine, before you go to bed.
First, you will need a calming oil. My favourite is a mixture of almond, coconut and lavender oils. Make sure that your hands are well lubricated as the facial skin is sensitive and delicate; try to avoid too much friction.
1. Get into a comfortable position, close your eyes and lightly stroke all over your face.
2. Apply about 2-3 large drops of oil onto your hands and massage your temples with the fingertips of both hands.
3. Remember to breathe in and out deeply and with your thumbs gently smooth over your eyelids from inner to outer corners.
4. Press with your thumbs just below the inner eyebrow corner. Release, then repeat. Do this 3-4 times.
5. Lightly stroke down the sides of your face to your jaw line
6. Lightly pinch along your jaw line from ear to ear
7. Remember to breathe deeply as you finish by lightly stroking your face.
Because I love you so much, here are 3 BONUS tips for an amazing scalp massage to pair with your the facial massage and help you get amazing quality sleep.
1. Massage your scalp with your finger tips like you’re shampooing your hair.
2. Lock your fingers on your scalp and move them over your skull. This action improves blood circulation and thusly the condition of your hair if done regularly.
3. Gently tug sections of your hair all over your head to finish, then lie down and breathe deeply, opening and closing your fingers at your side.
This whole process can be done in 30 minutes. Have you ever given yourself a facial or scalp massage? Do you have any other tips you can add? Try this massage today and share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS