7 Days Of Healthy Meals For Your Kiddos
By Cassie Zeider
Feeding your little one can be exhausting. Finding foods they’ll try and then eat. Figuring out their moods. Getting them on a schedule…
The most important thing (and sometimes the last to be thought of) is the nutrients in each meal. Are they getting their macros each day? As long as you’re offering protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats each day, you can’t worry about what they decide to eat or not.
I’ve come up with 7 days worth of breakfast, lunches and dinners with snacks included to keep it simple for you.
7 Ideas for Toddler Breakfasts:
- Asparagus, Scrambled Eggs and Avocado Omelette (Veggie, Protein, Healthy Fat)
- Oatmeal with Berries (Carb, Fruit)
- Yogurt with Granola and Berries (Dairy, Carb, Fruit)
- Banana, Peanut Butter (Fruit, Protein)
- Homemade Fruit and Granola Bars (Carb, Fruit)
- Pumpkin, Spinach, and Berry Pancake (Fruit, Veggies, Protein if you use Egg)
- French Toast Sticks made with Ezekiel Bread and Eggs (Carb, Protein)
7 Ideas for Toddler Lunches:
- Green Beans and Chicken or Turkey Sausage (Veggie, Protein)
- Grilled Cheese with Spinach (Carb, Dairy, Veggie)
- Macaroni and Cheese with Peas (Carb, Veggie)
- Applegate Turkey, Cucumber Cubes, and Melon (Protein, Veggie, Fruit)
- Peanut Butter and “Jelly” (we use mashed up fruit) Sandwiches on Ezekiel Bread (Carb, Protein, Fruit)
- Black Beans, Rice and Tomatoes (Protein, Carb, Veggie)
- Turkey Burger and Avocado with Fruit (Protein, Healthy Fat, Fruit)
7 Ideas for Toddler Dinners:
- Chicken and Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Protein, Carb)
- Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry using Coconut or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Protein, Veggie, Healthy Fat)
- Whole Grain or Veggie Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs with Homemade Sauce using Tomatoes and Juice (Carb, Veggie, Protein)
- Chicken Strips, Mixed Veggies, Quinoa (Protein, Veggie, Carb)
- Lentil Soup (Carb, Veggies)
- Broccoli, Cottage Cheese, Chicken (Veggie, Dairy, Protein)
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla with Carrots and Apple (Protein, Dairy, Carb, Veggie, Fruit)
- Zucchini Pizza Bites (Veggie, Dairy, Protein)
Apples and Peanut Butter, String Cheese and Crackers, Orange Slices, Blueberries, Carrots and Hummus, Cucumber and Hummus, Granola Bars, Yogurt Pops with fresh fruit in the middle and homemade juices and smoothies.
Here’s the secret to making these things healthy: the ingredients.
These meals can be made very healthy or very unhealthy depending on what you choose to use. I encourage you to use what works best for your family.
In case you are wondering, here are some brands or tips I use for my family:
- Local, Grass Fed Protein (eggs included, join a CSA).
- Fresh Local or Organic Produce (grow a garden, go to Farmer’s Markets).
- Frozen veggies are better than canned, but if you buy canned (my daughter will only do canned green beans), get the low sodium and rinse before you cook.
- Wash fruits and veggies well before using, berries especially.
- Buy Ezekiel wraps, tortillas, muffins and bread – nothing beats it, you can find it in the frozen section.
- Make your own sauces, yogurt pops, pancakes and bars. The stuff you buy doesn’t really save you time and it’s filled with a lot of things our bodies (and especially baby bodies) can’t digest or digest well.
- Greek Yogurt – Used to be a Fage fan but with kids, the Stoneyfield has been our go-to.
- A lot of kids are allergic to dairy, be aware and use proper cheese and yogurt.
- Any time you can add flax, chia, coconut, or avocado to a recipe, do it.
- Peanut Butters or Nut butters in general can have a ton of fillers, beware and buy clean products or make your own.
Cassie Zeider is a Certified Health Coach, Mother, Daughter and Friend. She is passionate about food and how it relates to the body. Weight loss, digestion and hormones are her favorite topics, but she loves stress release as well. She focuses on a whole body approach to health.
Latest posts by Cassie Zeider (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS