7 Days And 7 Tips To A Healthier YOU
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Imagine you were in a country that is known for having some of the BEST food in the world.
Everywhere you look you are bombarded by fresh smells of pizza, cheese, bread… and seduced by gelato, cookies and fresh made cannoli.
Can you guess where I am talking about?
If you guessed ITALY – you are C-O-R-R-E-C-T!
And that is exactly where I am right now (Sicily, more specifically) and all I can say… after the first week here is PHEW.
Someone please come sew my mouth shut stat!
Now that I’ve had my fair share of delicious “treats,” I naturally have to get back to a more sensible and balanced diet (otherwise I will be rolling myself out of here in a few months).
Life is about balance… HEALTHY balance. Luckily, our bodies are quite forgiving and when you take immediate action in regards to developing healthy habits – you can create a healthier, happier body within a short amount of time.
Here are 7 tips that you can use in the next 7 days that lead to a healthier YOU.
7 Days And 7 Tips To A Healthier YOU
|Make A Mission
- Create a clear intention for the week, such as:
- “Engage in 30 minutes of physical activity 4 times this week.”
- “Drink 1 gallon of water per day.”
- Make it specific, personal and measurable!
- Extra credit: make a vision board by cutting out photos and words of WHAT you want and what inspired you
- Create a FREE virtual vision board HERE
- Review your intentions and vision daily!
|Clear The Clutter
- Take inventory and purge any items that are not contributing to your health
- Pantry: toss items that are processed, “low/reduced/fat free,” sugary beverages, frozen instant dinners, etc.
- Scan for items that you easily overindulge in (candy, bagged snacks) and replace with healthy alternatives such as veggies and hummus or fresh fruit
- Choose foods that boost your mood
- Organize your personal space for optimal efficiency and functionality
- Clear clutter off countertops and other surfaces
- Organize your refrigerator and cupboards for easy access to items
- Evaluate your closet and display your clothes in an appealing way:
- Hang clothes light to dark
- Create sections (pants, shirts, workout clothes, business clothes)
|5 Minutes Of Planks Per Day
- Use a timer and complete 5 minutes of variations of planks, which are great full-body exercises and help you build a stronger core
- Start with 30 second increments
- Traditional plank
- Side plank
- For more plank variations watch this great VIDEO
- Research has shown that sitting for too long increases your chance of getting a chronic disease! AHHH!
- Set a reminder for EVERY hour to stand up, walk a little, stretch, squat and simply move your body to get your blood flowing
|Drink A Green Juice
- Floods your body with vitamins and minerals
- Provides a great, all-natural energy boost
- If you are busy (or travel) consider using a green juice powder (like Organifi) – I use it while backpacking to keep healthy
|Spice It Up
- Add spices to your foods, such as chili peppers and hot sauce
- Has a thermogenic effect on your body
- Helps you burn extra calories while you chew
- Also add garlic:
- A powerful and natural antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal
- Kills parasites in your body
- Helps your circulation
- Balances your blood pressure
- Boosts your immune system
|Eat Plant Based
- Give your body a break from digesting meat by eating a plant based diet
- Helps reduce inflammation in your body, which enhances your energy and vitality
- Eat vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds and watch your energy soar!
- Simple Meal: My go-to dinner is to chop up fresh vegetables and dress them with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Super easy to digest and tastes great
One of the key mindsets to have when looking to become healthier is to have an attitude of progress. Choose one of the above 7 tips that jumps out to your the most and DO – IT – NOW!
What will it be for you? Eating a vegan meal for dinner? Going for a power walk after lunch?
SHARE with us in the comment section below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS