6 Superfoods To Burn Fat and Keep you Slim and Trim
By Ashley Warwa
If you want to turbo boost your metabolism and burn calories while you chew, start adding these superfoods to your diet and watch your waist whittle and your energy soar. To maximize your results, remember to eat clean, move your body daily get plenty of restful sleep and stay hydrated.
1. Avocados are bursting with essential fatty acids that help remove waste in your body and boost your metabolism. Avocado’s are high in fiber, including soluble and insoluble, which both aid digestion. Insoluble fiber slows the breakdown of carbohydrates in your body, helping you feel full for longer. Apart from its many health benefits, avocado’s will improve your nutrient absorption in a meal, which can also help reduce your hunger. I love adding ½ an avocado to my breakfast smoothies, or mashed with a poached egg and spelt toast.
2. Berries are packed with antioxidants and fiber, so great for healthy weight loss, smooth digestion and beautiful skin. Berries contain the highest level of anti-oxidants which will protect you from premature ageing and high blood pressure associated with belly fat. Berries are delicious in smoothies, salads or a simple snack of berries and greek yogurt.
3. Salmon is one of the best fat burning foods and is the perfect balance of protein and healthy fats. Salmon is full of Omega 3, which boosts your metabolism, prevents cravings and aids digestion. Also bursting with with beautifying properties, fat and protein help to keep your skin soft and supple and your hair and nails strong and healthy. Although salmon is low in calories, it has a healthy amount of fat and protein, which is great for keeping you full much longer without feeling sluggish and heavy. Try grilled salmon with sauteed mixed greens, such as broccoli, bok choy and kale.
4. Spinach is high in vitamin B, which not only boosts metabolism, but increases muscle function and boosts energy levels. Spinach is antioxidative, anti-inflammatory and packed with vitamins A, K iron, folate, magnesium B1 and B6. Low in calories and high in nutrients such as iron and calcium which are linked to weight-loss. One of my favourite fat burning smoothies is spinach, watercress, lime, apple, and parsley.
5. Eggs not only help to boost your metabolism and reduce cravings (because of their protein content and nutrients), but they’re also full of important omega 3’s and vitamin D, which are all essential for sustaining a healthy weight and metabolic rate. So many delicious way to enjoy eggs, from boiled, to poached, fried, scrambled or sunny side up.
6. Asparagus is surprisingly considered the “king” of fat burning foods. Asparagus not only helps you burn fat, but it also boosts your metabolism, suppresses your appetite, regulates your blood sugar levels and and is a powerful diuretic helping to reduce bloating and keeping your tummy flat. Try Asparagus with strips of organic beef topped with sesame seeds and a splash of tamari sauce for a deliciously healthy and satisfying meal.
Registered Nutritionist and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Ashley Warwa is a Registered Nutritionist, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the soon to be author of Feed Yourself Fabulous. She is also the founder of Four Months to Fabulosity, a one-on-one nutrition program designed to help women achieve their ultimate health, wellness and beauty.In this program, Ashley’s clients receive a personally tailored diet, complete with manageable steps to help them lose weight, look great and reclaim their health. She specializes in detox, digestion, weight-loss and wellness.
Latest posts by Ashley Warwa (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS