6 Proven Strategies to Increase Your Spiritual Connection
Written by: Angela Billups
Are you a Spiritual Gangster?
I mean… Mind. Body. Spirit – they’re tight like that!
These elements within you… they have each other’s back. They are totally connected.
To become a spiritual gangster, you will have to be a mind and body OG (Original Gangster) as well. If that seems daunting – or if you have no idea what I am talking about – these six strategies will help you to reach spiritual gangsterdom, while getting your mind and body right at the same time.
1. Take Care of Your Temple. What you feed your body dictates how much energy you will have for anything beyond basic bodily functions. Reaching spiritual gangsterdom requires mental clarity and a heightened level of focus. When your body has to work hard to detoxify, repair and rebuild due to inadequate nutrition, then your mental capabilities may be decreased as well. Your level of clarity, your ability to focus and even your mood can all be affected by poor dieting and exercising habits. In order to prevent or correct this, 1) eat whole foods – high in micronutrients (meaning they contain vitamins and minerals required in small quantities to ensure healthy metabolism, growth and physical well-being) – that will provide you the proper fuel to operate at peak performance and 2) move your body EVERYDAY to encourage detoxification, keeping your joints limber and stoking the fires of your metabolism.
2. Have an Attitude of Gratitude. Spending a few minutes each day being thankful is a great way to calm your mind, balance your mood, increase energy and improve sleep. Thinking of what you have to be grateful for will allow you to feel more connected and to move you from a feeling of lack to a feeling of appreciation. Keeping a gratitude journal or silently counting your blessings are two simple ways to incorporate this practice daily.
3. Practice Visualization. To be a spiritual gangster is to trust that what you can conceive and believe in, you will receive. As a co-creator (with the creator) of your life, you have the ability to manifest the desires of your heart. This paradigm works for positive or negative, so why not harness the power within you for good? Using a vision board, or taking a few minutes daily to visualize the life you want in as much detail as you can imagine, will help move you infinitely closer to the life of your dreams.
4. Give Selflessly to Others. If you want personal satisfaction, a bump in the feel good brain chemicals and another way to increase the connectedness between yourself and the universe, then listen up! SPIRITUAL. GANGSTERS. HELP. PEOPLE. Not only will helpful acts raise your vibration, but they will also raise the vibrations of everyone around you and the people you reach out to. In turn, this will raise the vibrations of everyone around them. Do you see where I’m going with this? It’s a ripple of love! You can easily do this by donating time, money, goods or services to individuals or organizations in need.
5. Spend Some Time In Nature. In today’s world, we spend a lot of time disconnected from nature. Long work days, family responsibilities, inclement weather and a host of other distractions and obligations can keep us from getting in touch with the earth’s energy. The energy in nature is calming and provides peace and serenity, which are musts when trying to get your spiritual energy balanced. The good news is that connecting with the earth is as easy as taking a walk outside and breathing fresh air, standing barefoot on the grass or, my favorite, giving a tree a hug.
6. Discover Your Passion and Live It. As an official spiritual OG, you must know your truth and live in it. Whenever you feel a strong, positive affinity towards something, that is your spirit nudging you – and sometimes KICKING you – to move in the direction of your life’s purpose. To incorporate what you are passionate about into your daily life is to create an infinite spiritual loop. Your passion will feed your spirit with love, connectedness and abundance. Your spirit in return will drive your passion with love, focus and creative energy. If you are having difficulty identifying what your passions are, then this next exercise may help:
Write down several things that bring you joy and that you can use to bring joy to others. As you read over each item on the list, take note of your initial reaction. Any items on your list that provoke a positive gut reaction should be explored further. If you need more tips on how to find your passions, see my article here.
About the Author
Angela Billups is a holistic health coach, advanced practice nurse, writer, blogger, passionate home cook and founder of Livity Wellness Solutions L.L.C., a health coaching company that uses nutrition and holistic wellness as a means of achieving balance in life. She is also a Certified Fitlife Coach and Small Group Coaching mentor who after working 18 years in healthcare as a physical therapist, registered nurse and nurse anesthetist has fully embraced her love of nutrition and wellness and their role in overall health and vitality. Drawing from the experiences of her own transformation, her mission is to help as many people as possible to improve their own health and happiness in order to be the most authentic versions of themselves. For more information about Fitlife Small Group Coaching or general health coaching questions, you can connect with Angela:Website, Blog, Email
Image Source: Psychic Medium
Make use of this information to hype up your very own detoxification! Start now!
The detoxification process can also take in the form of a juice fast. Here at FitLife.TV, we recommend people to try the Alpha Reset (AR). The Alpha Reset is a 5 Day Juice Fast. It is part of the Juice with Drew System. This is the first step in your detoxification process. If you are just starting out with juicing, do not jump right into a juice fast right away. Just try 1 juice per day along with the rest of your nutrition and see how your body responds. If your body responds well to juicing, then ramp up the number of juices per day. These healthy, nutrient-dense juices can replace that coffee you reach for in the morning or that soda in the afternoon. Here are some of our followers that have tried the Alpha Reset!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS