6 Cancer Causers At Home That You Should Throw Away IMMEDIATELY
By Lindsay Sibson
If you shower and wear deodorant, YOU need to read this article.
If you like your home to smell nice, YOU need to read this article.
If you or your children love to create art… READ this article.
Because these ordinary and often daily tasks could be harming your health and the health of your children in a BIG way.
Your home is a place to gather, to love, to relax and to make memories. However, there are various common items that are lurking in your home environment and secretly wreaking havoc on your health – even to the extent of increasing your risk of cancer! SCARY!
Here are 6 cancer causers at home that you should throw away IMMEDIATELY!
1. Air Fresheners
- 40% of candles contain lead wicks (common in scented candles). Lead wicks emit 5 times the amount of lead considered dangerous to children.
- Candles with lead wicks exceed pollutions standards for outdoor air (as set by the Environmental Protection Agency).
- High lead exposure can cause:
- Learning disabilities
- Hormone disruption
- Behavioral problems
- And many other health problems!
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Beeswax candle with cotton wick.
4. Art Supplies
- Contain chemicals that are linked to cancer, allergies and organ damage (especially epoxy, permanent markers, acrylic paint, and rubber cement).
- Children are more susceptible, because of their immature immune systems and speedy metabolisms.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Look for non-toxic items in stores or make your own art supplies. Fore more information, read this.
5. Shower Curtains
- Plastic shower curtains leak toxic chemicals into your bath area.
- They release harmful chemicals called volatile organic chemicals (VOC’s) into your environment that can cause headaches and throat irritation.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Purchase a non-toxic shower curtain.
- Deodorants and antiperspirants stay on your body for hours, allowing you to absorb multiple cancer-causing chemicals through your skin.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Find a natural deodorant or dab baking soda, vinegar and essential oils to stay fresh.
To learn more about the Top 10 Toxins to Avoid in your home environment, watch this 10 minute video.
Take the time TODAY to make your home more safe by throwing away these cancer-causing items. By doing so, you immediately enhance your home environment and your health!
These items are HIGHLY common and are in everyone’s home – SHARE this article now with your loved ones so that they can enjoy a healthy and safe home too.
Source: Eat Local Grown
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS