50 BEST Date Ideas To Try Out This Year
Written by: Kat Gal
My husband and I don’t prefer the term “date.” We like to spend time together, connect and explore new things regularly without the label. Yet, society would call our movie nights, cooking adventures, trips and creative explorations, dates.
Whether you call it a date or not, it is important to get out of your daily routine regularly and spend good quality time together even if you’ve been a couple for a long time.
Dates allow you:
- To show and to experience your love for each other
- Keep the spark alive in your relationship
- Connect on a deeper level
- Show your commitment
- Have fun
- Show your love and care for each other
- Take a break from doing and start experiencing
- Experience something new together
- Make memories
- Grow together
- Keep your relationship a priority
If you are busy, it is best to schedule dates on your calendar so that you can stick to it without forgetting about it.
Here are 50 awesome date ideas to try!
1. Make dinner together. Set up the table nicely, light candles and savor every moment.
2. Go for a long bike ride together. Go slow and explore your surroundings.
3. Play tourist in your own neighbourhood. Take fun pictures.
4. Go for a picnic. Pack healthy, organic whole foods and raw desserts.
5. Have a picnic indoors on your living room floor. This is a great idea in the winter time.
6. Go to the movies. Take your own healthy snacks.
7. Make a vision board together. It is a fun way to manifest your future together.
8. Read a book together. It is a quiet date, but you will still connect energetically.
9. Visit an animal shelter. You don’t have to adopt a pet to play with some puppies or kittens.
10. Volunteer at an event or at a food drive. Connecting while giving back is a beautiful way to experience love.
11. Go for a weekend get-away. If money is tight, stay at a hostel or couchsurf.
12. Make art together. You don’t have to be an artist to play with some colors.
13. Take fun photos of each other. Get creative, it can be a hilarious activity.
14. Go to the theater, the opera, or a ballet. Get dressed up and enjoy the show.
15. Go bowling. This is a classic, but one of the best times.
16. Try a new sport together. Wall-climbing, squash, or martial arts, anyone?
17. Go to a concert. I am partial to this one, because my romance with my husband began at a show.
18. Go to a paint and wine bar. You will actually feel like an artist.
19. Cook or bake something together. Find a new recipe and explore together.
20. Cook for each other. Take turns each week and surprise each other.
21. Have breakfast in bed. Then of course, stay in and cuddle for a while.
22. Play a board game. Oh, to be a kid again!
23. Take a dance class together. Don’t be afraid to step on each other’s’ toes, it’s part of the learning process.
24. Go bird watching. Exploring nature in the early morning is a unique experience.
25. Watch the sunset together. List reasons why you love each other and count your blessings as the sun goes down.
26. Watch the sunrise together. This calls for an early morning, but is completely worth it.
27. Go for a hike. Exploring nature together allows opportunity for connecting with each other and the entire universe at the same time.
28. Meditate together. Meditation is a unique way to connect while being present.
29. Take a brewery or winery tour. You don’t have to be a drinker at all to enjoy these tours. I don’t drink ever, but I still love the fun nature and the learning process.
30. Take a class together. Pick anything – language, art, cooking, writing, history etc. – but connect through learning something new.
31. Do a ropes course. There is no better way to develop trust.
32. Wander a bookstore or a library. Digital books may be convenient, but can never replace the real thing. Show each other your finds.
33. Go to the grocery store or the farmers market together. Exploring new foods together is fun: read labels and swap ideas.
34. Go to an art gallery. Admire the artwork while holding hands.
35. Make a bucket list together. List your goals and dreams and hang them somewhere visible.
36. Do a mud run or color run together. Don’t be afraid to get dirty and silly.
37. Play a childhood game. Share your favorite games from your time as kids.
38. Play a card game. Don’t get too competitive, just have fun.
39. Get a couples massage together. It is a relaxing experience, trust me.
40. Watch the stars. Try to notice as many constellations as possible.
41. Go for a (small) road trip and take the scenic route. Make frequent stops for kisses and photos.
42. Play with disposable cameras. Turn back time, turn off your phone or digital cameras and take pictures with film, then laugh at the results.
43. Take a carriage ride. This is cheesy, but classic and romantic.
44. Give each other massages. This is free, but romantic and relaxing. Do this often.
45. Explore a flea market or some garage sales. Some of the finds will make you laugh.
46. Go fruit picking. Apple picking or other fruit picking is a joyful activity in nature and an opportunity to stock up on delicious goodies.
47. Write poetry together. Write every first line and allow your partner to write every second one.
48. Do some doorbell ditching with yummy (healthy) treats together for friends and neighbors.
49. Redecorate one or more of the rooms in your home together. Change up some of the furniture positions.
50. Be lazy and stay in all day. There is nothing better than staying cozy, connecting and smiling together.
If you are looking for gift ideas for your loved one, check out this article on the best presents you can get for health conscious souls.
What was the best date you’ve ever been on? Do you have regular date nights with your significant other? Do you have any date tips? Share your tips and experiences in the comments below!
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS