5 Ways To Upgrade Your Beauty Routine With Green Tea
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Would you drink your shampoo?
What about adding your face moisturizer to your morning smoothie?
HECK NO – right?
Well, even if you are only using these products on the outside of your body… the toxic ingredients they are made with end up IN your body.
However, to keep your health safe and your body happy you can easily incorporate natural and effective ingredients into your daily beauty routine.
Why Use Natural Beauty Products?
What goes ON your body is just as important as what goes IN!
This means that the lotions, makeup, toothpaste, shampoos and other beauty products you use can either enhance or threaten your health and well being.
Because cosmetics aren’t subject to the same oversight as food and medicine by the Food and Drug Administration, many of the popular brands are hiding harsh chemicals that have been linked to cancer, birth defects and organ failure – YIKES!
Using natural beauty products ensures that you are protecting your health and safety.
Beauty Benefits Of Green Tea
- Abundant in antioxidants.
- Helps wash away toxins.
- Helps brighten and tone your skin.
- Moisturizes your skin.
- Helps shrink the size of pores.
- Refreshes your skin and give your skin a healthy glow.
How To Use Green Tea As A Natural Beauty Product
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool
- Massage the tea on your face with clean fingers for a few minutes
- Rinse off with water
- After brewing the green tea bag, cut it open and mix the loose tea with raw honey to form a paste
- Use an a gentle exfoliant to scrub away dead skin, leaving your face rejuvenated and smooth
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon ground green tea leaves
- Apply to your face and leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse well with water
- After brewing your green tea, store the used tea bags in the refrigerator
- Place the chilled tea bags on your eyes to help remedy puffy eyes and dark circles
- Steep the tea leaves in boiling water for 20 minutes
- Cool and strain the liquid into a clean spray bottle
- Store in the refrigerator and mist on your skin to refresh
Tea time just took on a whole new meaning now that you have these incredible beauty uses for green tea.
Which one are you going to try first? Let us know below!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS