5 Teas To Warm You Up Through The Winter (Part 3)
Written by: Kavata Kithome
So far, we have looked at 12 of my favorite teas and it is just as well – the weather is definitely calling for some good warmth and comfort.
I am back to share a few more deliciously healthy teas with you to add to your arsenal against this cold season.
Variety is the spice of life, so here are 5 more amazing teas I know you will love.
1. White Tea – This tea is light and simply delicious, but if this isn’t enough for you, this tea can enhance your body’s ability to break down and utilize existing fat energy, according to the journal Nutrition and Metabolism.
White tea can also prevent new fat cells from forming and protect your skin from sun-induced stress that can cause cell breakdown and premature aging. All the more reason to drink white tea, this winter and all year round.
2. Ashwagandha Tea – I came across ashwagandha recently and was blown away with the health properties. What got me excited about this root is that it can safely and effectively improve your resistance towards stress and thusly improve your self-assessed quality of life.
This tea helps reduce waistline-increasing stress hormones, which is why I love it so much. I drink this tea in the morning to help me charge forward into the cold day, focused and ready to tackle all that needs to be accomplished.
3. Oolong Tea – It is just fun to say oolong, isn’t it? This tea is great tasting and is the leading tea in the fight against weight gain. Japanese scientists found that this tea has high levels of antioxidants that inhibit the body’s ability to absorb fat.
If that is not enough, this tea helps fight high blood pressure and cuts the risk by as much as 65%. Time to get some oolong in your life!
4. Mate – Not to be confused with matcha, this tea has powerful thermogenic effects. This means that this tea can help your body burn more calories and can also promote weight loss. What makes this tea a winner is that it can help improve insulin sensitivity, which means healthy blood sugar levels.
Not enough to convince you? This tea has 90% powerful cancer-fighting antioxidants, cache of B vitamins and chromium that helps stabilize blood-sugar levels, even more than green tea.
5. Goji Tea – How awesome is it that you can get this superfruit as a tea? The plant that gojis are harvested from is used as a traditional Asian therapy for diabetes. This tea can also help you burn calories and fat.
Are any of these teas already in your cabinet? Try one or all of them and share your experiences in the comments below! Also be sure to keep an eye out for part 4 of the list of warming teas that are out there waiting to be discovered!
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS