5 Surprising Benefits Of Coffee
By Steve Fillmore
The native undomesticated coffee was thought to have originated from 10th century Ethiopia.
And, according to Statista, coffee consumers in the USA are commonly between the ages of 18-60, with the highest concentration of coffee consumers falling between the ages of 40-60. That makes up a good majority of the continent.
Coffee has many health benefits ranging from better cognitive function to helping men decrease their chances of getting prostate cancer. Coffee benefits can be a controversial topic, but this delicious beverage has been around for so long and is such a staple in American society today, there are some benefits that just can’t be denied.
Here Are 5 Benefits That You Never Knew About Coffee:
1. Improved Circulation – Drinking up to a 5 ounce cup of black coffee has been proven to cause a 30% boost in capillary blood flow, according to a Japanese study as reported by The American Heart Assoc. Increased blood level circulation results in better oxygenation of your body’s tissues (increased oxygenation means improved performance in physical activities).
2. Stress Reducer – For those that don’t like coffee or can’t drink coffee, you too can benefit. Simply smelling coffee can decrease stress. According to WebMD, researchers in Seoul concluded that smelling coffee helps to reduce brain proteins that may cause stress.
3. Loaded With Nutrients And Antioxidants – In one 8 ounce cup of coffee (excluding cream and sugar), you will be getting 11% of riboflavin, 3% potassium, 2% magnesium and niacin.
4. Reduced Cancer Risk – In several studies, coffee has been shown to reduce many types of cancer – from liver to colorectal and upper aero-digestive tract cancers. Coffee drinkers appear to have up to a 40% lower risk in liver cancers if they drink up to 5 cups per day.
5. Get Smarter – In a PubMed.gov study, it has been shown that consumption of coffee is neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory, which helps with brain health. The main component in this study was EHT (eicosanoyl-5-hydroxytryptamide). This helps with the production of neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine, which improve in the firing of the brain’s neurons. This results in improvement in areas of the brain that are in charge of reaction times and cognitive function.
Get The Most Out Of Coffee
All of the studies were done on caffeinated coffee vs. decaf, minus any sugar, artificial sweeteners and creamers. While coffee can help you become smarter and help reduce your cancer risk, drinking a lot of coffee can increase adrenal exhaustion, so it does take a bit of balance. Just be careful to not overdo it and this incredible benefits will be yours to reap!
So, who wants a healthy cup of coffee (minus the sugar and cream, of course)?
Healthy Coffee Hack
Es Alpukat - Iced Coffee And Avocado Drink
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 2 cups of coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ tsp of stevia
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and enjoy chilled.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS