5 Reasons You MUST Clean Your Tongue TODAY
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Because no one wakes up with breath smelling like fresh baked cookies = tongue scraping.
Because the chatty person in the cafe next to you has breath that is about to make you pass out = tongue scraping.
Because your are about to share your first kiss with the man of your dreams and want it to be perfect = tongue scraping.
See the pattern here? Tongue scraping is an all purpose solution to help enhance life’s most precious moments.
Bad breath happens to all of us (yay to being human!). However, you can easily improve the freshness of your breath and your overall oral health by using a tongue scraper daily.
Check out why you MUST clean your tongue today:
WHAT Is Tongue Scraping?
The act of cleaning your tongue, or tongue scraping, is a very old Ayurvedic self-care ritual. By cleaning the gunk off your tongue, you are removing bacteria, toxins, viruses, fungus and other build up.
5 Health Benefits Of Cleaning Your TONGUE
|Improve Your Breath
- Removes bacteria that causes bad breath
- Takes away the build-up on your tongue, which contains bacteria
- If left untreated, the bacteria causes foul smelling breath
|Enhances Your Sense Of Taste
- Cleaning your tongue sharpens your taste receptors
- Improves your ability to taste food better
|Stimulate Your Organs
- Scraping your tongue helps stimulate your internal organs
- Sends energetic connections throughout your body to release toxins
|Improves Communication In Your Body
- Heightens communication between food and your body
- Your tongue is the first place where the nutrients in food are in contact with receptors
- Scraping your tongue removes substances that can inhibit this communication
|Removes Excessive Keratin
- An overload of keratin causes discoloration of the coating on your tongue, which affects your well being
- Tongue scraping helps maintain a healthy balance of keratin in your mouth
How To Choose And Use A Tongue Scraper
Tongue scrapers come in may shapes and materials. Look for one that is curved, not too sharp and preferably made out of stainless steel.
To use your tongue scraper:
- Do it 2 times daily for best results, in the morning and at night
- Use just before brushing your teeth
- Clean the scraper with fresh water before using it
- Hold the scraper with both hands and lightly scrape your tongue in one long stroke
- Use light pressure
- Repeat 5 times or more until all the coating on your tongue has been removed
- Rinse the scraper with water
- Rinse your mouth out with fresh water and then brush your teeth!
To further BOOST your oral health:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS