5 Reasons To Drink Matcha Green Tea
Written by: Brandi Monasco
If you want to enjoy the healthiest beverage ever known to man, then try green tea. It is loaded with nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. There are green teas and there are green teas, but Matcha green tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available.
While green tea is an extract from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis tree, Matcha green tea is made 100% from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis tree.
The leaves are steamed, stemmed and de-veined before being grounded into fine powder and stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve their antioxidant properties and brilliant green color.
When you drink Matcha, you are ingesting the entire leaf and receiving 100% of the nutrients in the leaf. While you may be put off because of it’s green color, there are plenty of benefits that go along with this tea.
Top 5 Benefits Of Matcha Green Tea
1. Contains Antioxidants: Matcha green tea has a high level of natural antioxidants, which help fight against the negative effects of UV radiation and fight free radicals in the body while preventing cancer. The most potent and beneficial antioxidant contained in Matcha green tea is Catechin, which is effective in fighting cancer.
2. Boost Concentration And Memory: Want to improve your concentration and memory? Matcha green tea contains the amino acid L-theanine, which the body needs in order to produce two very important chemicals: dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals are responsible for enhancing mood, improving memory and promoting better concentration.
3. Burn Calories: Drinking Matcha green tea increases the body’s metabolism while helping to burn off excess body fat faster with absolutely no side effect.
4. Detoxifies The Body: In the last three weeks before the leaves are harvested and made into Matcha, the Camellia Sinensis are covered to deprive them of sunlight. This results in an increase in chlorophyll production in the plants. Chlorophyll, when in the human body, aids in naturally expelling heavy metals and chemical toxins.
5. Good For The Immune system: Matcha green tea is a beverage your immune system truly needs. Just one cup of Matcha green tea can provide your body with large quantities of calcium, vitamins A and C, iron, potassium and protein. Matcha green tea is also known to have antibiotic properties, which make it an excellent tea for your overall health.
If you want to take your Matcha green tea to a new level, here’s a recipe for protein balls to try:
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Matcha Green Tea Protein Balls
- In a food processor, blend the cashew nuts, coconut, coconut flour, protein powder and Matcha powder into a crumb-like consistency.
- Next add the melted oil and agave nectar. Blend until well combined and the mix resembles a dough – add a splash of water if it is too dry, or extra coconut flour if it is too wet.
- Form the mixture into approximately 10 small balls and roll in the chopped nuts or coconut.
- Place in the fridge to set and store in an airtight container until consumed.
-This post contains affiliate links.
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS