5 Natural Ways To Combat Flu Season
By Pamela Schwarz
Yikes! Cold and flu season is just around the corner. People are rushing out to get flu shots, stock up on over-the-counter remedies and taking stock in Kleenex.
You really don’t need to stress so much, though. You can prevent the common cold and flu by simply taking care of your body and here are a few things to help you get started as you enter this oncoming flu season.
5 Natural Ways To Prevent Colds And Flu
1. Wash Your Hands – Keeping your hands free from germs can reduce your risk of developing a cold or flu. Use mild soap and warm water whenever hands are soiled. Stay away from commercial hand sanitizers whenever possible (they contain high amounts of alcohol that break down natural oils that protect the skin). Lavender and Tea Tree oils are natural antiseptics that can be used as an alternative.
2. Boost Your Immune System – Olive Leaf Complex acts as an immune booster when taken daily. There have been studies that indicate olive leaf complex is an effective method to prevent over 50 common disease-causing organisms, including viruses and bacteria (Source: Unleash the Amazingly Potent Anti-Aging, Antioxidant, Pro-Immune System Health Benefits of the Olive Leaf by Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS).
3. Say NO To SUGAR – Sugar weakens your immune system and causes inflammation. If you feel the need for sweets, try a piece of fruit or a flavored herbal coffee or tea to satisfy the craving.
4. Lemon Water Daily – Lemon water helps to alkalize your body. Viruses and bacteria have a hard time living in a neutral or alkaline pH environment. By reducing the acidity of your body, these organisms will not be able to live and breed.
5. Get Your ZZZ’s – Allowing your body to rest and regenerate keeps you healthy. Burning the candle at both ends and running on empty opens the door for illness. Get your rest and you and your body will most certainly be grateful!
In the weeks ahead, be aware of how you are treating your beautiful body. Prevent colds and flu by taking care of YOU and those around you in these simple, yet critical ways.
How do you take care of yourself during cold and flu season? Share your remedies in the comments and let’s have a healthy Fall and Winter!
Pamela Schwarz is a New York State Licensed Massage Therapist and Reiki Practitioner in Upstate New York. Working with clients to achieve wellness that comes from within is the main focus of her work. She believes in the power of positive thoughts and following your dreams to create the life you were meant to live.
Latest posts by Pamela Schwarz (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS