5 Ingredient Pizza Pie-Less Quinoa Bowls (Gluten Free)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
The modern day lies that you tell yourself:
- I’ll only check social media ONCE today.
- I’m only going to watch 1 more episode.
- I’ll just eat 2 slices of pizza “this time.”
Lies, lies – ALL LIES!
Now while it may be slightly difficult to back away from your phone (or other technology for that matter)…
I think some would agree it’s even MORE difficult to back away from a pipping hot piece of pizza.
I mean, COME ON! Melted cheese, plush and chewy bread with a crispy crust… #drooling.
Well, now you can endlessly indulge in those precious pizza flavors WITHOUT harming your health goals.
Here is your solution…
Why Eat Pizza Pie-Less Quinoa Bowls?
- High in riboflavin, which helps improve your metabolism
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein
- Contains lysine, which is essential for tissue repair and growth
- Has twice as much fiber as other grains
All the delicious flavors of PIZZA in a dish you can dig into again and again. Yippee!
How To Make Pizza Pie-less Quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cups vegetable stock
- 1 jar organic pizza sauce, 14 ounces
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup of chopped veggie pizza toppings (peppers, onions, mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small pot, cook the quinoa in vegetable stock (according to the package).
- When the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and then stir in ½ cup pizza sauce. Set aside.
- Lightly oil with olive oil 3 large ramekins (10 ounces) and place on a baking tray.
- To prepare the Pizza Pie-less Quinoa:
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over the bottom of each dish.
- Pour in ½ cup quinoa. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on a layer of cheese and veggie toppings.
- Repeat another layer of sauce, quinoa, cheese and toppings.
- Finish with a layer of cheese
- Ensure the ramekins are full, but NOT overflowing.
- Place the tray with the ramekins in the oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Switch to broil for the last 1-2 minutes to crisp the top layer of cheese (if desired).
- Remove the tray from the oven and finish off with your favorite herbs and spices: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, or crushed red pepper flakes
Need MORE ideas for how to cook with quinoa? Check out:
How do YOU use quinoa? Please SHARE with the Fitlife community below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS