5 Healthy Snacks For Stress Eaters
Written by: Steve Fillmore
Does stress drive you to overeat when you are not actually hungry? Do you turn to food when you are bored or need comfort? If so, you may be a stress eater.
According to WebMD, “Stress that continues without relief can lead to a condition called distress – a negative stress reaction. Distress can lead to physical symptoms including headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain and problems sleeping. Research suggests that stress also can bring on or worsen certain symptoms or diseases.”
Here are 5 snack ideas to combat stress and help you to not overindulge on excessive foods:
1. Roasted Chickpeas – Chickpeas are an excellent source of fiber and protein. They also contain high levels of iron, vitamin B6 and magnesium. Take 1 cup of chickpeas, lightly coat them with coconut oil, then toss them with some salt and pepper or your favorite spices. Throw them on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy, totally guilt-free!
2. Veggies & Dip – Veggies will fill you up with good, healthy fiber. Guacamole or hummus will give you healthy fats and help you feel full longer.
3. Seltzer With Sliced Fruit – Oftentimes, dehydration is mistaken for hunger. Take some seltzer or club soda and add a few slices of lime for some refreshing, bubbly joy.
4. Ants On A Log – Celery with almond butter and raisins will give you a dose of energizing carbs, filling fiber, powerful protein and fat.
5. Dark Chocolate Almonds – Eating dark chocolate may help to reduce stress hormones, according to WebMD. With the added benefits of fiber, protein and fats, this is a great snack for reducing stress. 1oz a day is great for reducing stress hormones.
So, the next time you are feeling stressed out and you want to eat a whole pizza and beer, try making a few of these easy snacks and then you will not feel guilty for overindulging on junk foods.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS