5 Clever Beauty Uses For Used Coffee Grounds
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
The average person generates around 4 pounds of trash… per DAY!
Coffee cups, food containers, plastic bags, leftovers from meals – it all ends up in the garbage, which ends up in a landfill, which ends up polluting our beautiful earth!
It’s time to have a flashback to your elementary school years when you learned to “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” – and bring that idea to life.
One thing that I throw away nearly every morning is coffee grounds… because a girl’s gotta have her morning cup of joe (organic of course)! But one day, as I was tossing the soggy coffee filter and grounds, the thought crossed my mind – “I wonder if there is something I could USE these for?”
And you know what? THERE IS!
It’s time to start setting aside those coffee grounds and put them to good use in your beauty routine.
Check Out These 5 Clever Beauty Uses For Used Coffee Grounds:
- Old coffee grounds make a superb facial exfoliant.
- Gently sloughs off dead skin cells.
- Helps freshen your skin, giving your a healthy glow.
- MIX: 4 tablespoons coconut oil, 6 tablespoons coffee grinds, a few drops essential oil of your choice:
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use: scoop out a bit of the mixture and gently rub onto your face in a circular motion.
|Enhance Your Hair
- Get smooth and shiny hair by mixing coffee grounds with your preferred conditioner.
- Gently massage the mixture into your scalp for a few minutes.
- Exfoliates and stimulates your scalp.
- Use mixture once per week for best results.
- Note: Place a coffee filter over your drain to prevent clogs.
|Boost Your Skin With A Mask
- Coffee has an invigorating and stimulating effect on your skin.
- Will help perk up dull skin.
- MIX: coffee grounds, egg (or coconut oil):
- Apply mask to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
|Revitalize Your Hair Color
- To deepen light brown or dark blonde hair:
- Soak your hair in leftover coffee.
- Scrub your hair with coffee grounds.
- Adds highlights to darker brunette hair.
- Soaking hair in coffee also gives your hair a healthy glow.
|Reduce The Appearance Of Cellulite
- The caffeine in coffee grounds helps reduce the appearance of cellulite by:
- Enhances fat metabolism.
- Increases circulation.
- The exfoliating properties also help to make you skin smooth and soft.
The saying goes that one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure. With a bit of creativity, you too can create natural, healthy and effective beauty products!
Do you have a “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” tip to SHARE? Please let us know in the comments below.
Source: One Green Planet
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS