4 Tips To Focus More
Written by: Shazmin Hussein
I know it’s pretty bold of me to say this, but meditation isn’t the only way to clear your mind to focus.
I used to meditate everyday, but then life got really busy. Since meditation is encouraged to do in the morning to set your day, I spent that extra 10-15 minutes where I used to meditate to sleep or prepare for work. I live a very fast paced lifestyle and sometimes it can be hard to stay on top of things. Whaaat? I can’t stop time yet? So, I had to get creative and come up with other ways to regain my focus.
Here are four of the most effective ways I found to gain focus on busy days:
1. Drink Water: Your brain is 73% water and drinking it will help you think, focus and be more alert.
2. Write Everything Down: Write down everything that has been on your mind from the last few days. And by “everything,” I mean EVERYTHING:
- People who you need to contact
- Subjects you want to study
- Areas of your life that you want to improve (appearance, relationships, spirituality, finances, etc.)
- Things you want to change
- Goals other people want you to pursue
3. Listen To Baroque Music: Research has shown that baroque music enhances the brain by affecting the brain waves and is generally used to:
4. Stand On Your Head: Yup! Thats right! Studies show that when you exercise in general, blood pressure and flow increases everywhere in your body and your brain. Therefore, when you are inverted, you are directly increasing the oxygen, energy and blood flow towards your brain, which helps relieve stress and increase focus. Use a wall if you are new to headstands. Other inverted options are downward dog or standing forward fold. Do NOT do any of this if you have high blood pressure.
Next time you catch your mind wandering to thoughts like, “What should I have for dinner? Why is a carrot more orange than an orange? Is it possible to cry under water? Has the mail arrived? I wonder who just texted me? What time is it?” etc., try the techniques above and if you come up with any other ways to regain focus, feel free to share in the comments section below!
Shazmin Hussein is deeply passionate about expressing creativity. Her life-long ambition is to inspire and educate others to design their lives with confidence.
She is a yoga teacher and blogger based out of Vancouver, BC. Through her blog, she is committed to sharing unique content and encourages others to truly be themselves.
Shazmin is an avid outdoor enthusiast who promotes healthy living through physical activity and nutrition.
Latest posts by Shazmin Hussein (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS