4 Incredible Benefits of Rosemary Oil
By Lindsay Sibson
Mary Poppins was a liar.
A spoonful of sugar may help the medicine go down, BUT it will also hurt your brain, body and mood.
Nice try Mary, but your advice stinks.
Instead of reaching for traditional medicines when you are feeling BLAH, an excellent effective and natural remedy is essential oils. They have been widely documented as having medicinal purposes and are also very easy to use and incorporate into your daily wellness routine.
One essential oil that is a must-have is rosemary essential oil. Its wide range of benefits make it a versatile healing agent that can make significant contributions to giving you GREAT health.
What Is Rosemary?
- One of the most powerful herbs and essential oils
- Has a woody scent, much like an evergreen
- Part of the mint family
- Native to the Mediterranean
- Considered sacred by ancient Romans, Hebrews, Greeks and Egyptians
- Used in folk medicines for thousands of years to:
- Soothe digestion
- Improve memory
- Relieve pains and muscle aches
- Has antiseptic properties
- Has become a popular ingredients in skin and hair products
Why Is Rosemary GREAT For Your Health?
Rosemary has a pretty impressive nutritional profile, with as much free radical fighting power as goji berries!
The reason rosemary is so powerful is that it is rich in carnosol, which is an antioxidant that is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Carnosol is so potent because it targets cells to reduce inflammation, including cancer cells.
Above all, rosemary essential oil is an inflammation-reversing, cancer growth-halting oil that MUST have a place in your health and wellness routine.
Read on to learn more about the highly effective health benefits of rosemary essential oil.
How Rosemary Gives You Great Health
- Helps reduce cortisol levels (the stress hormone), which protects your body from oxidative stress and chronic disease
- Enhances free radical hunting activity
- A study conducted in Japan at Meikai University tracked the effects of rosemary and lavender aromatherapy on people’s cortisol levels and found that after 5 minutes the participants levels were greatly reduced
- Helps alleviate stress related pain and soreness
METHOD: Reduce pain by mixing 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Message over sore muscles and painful joints
- Helps you become more alert
- Inhaling rosemary oil enhances your performance and overall quality of your memory
- Has been used for thousands of years and was worn by Greek scholars to enhance their memory when taking tests
- The International Journal of Neuroscience evaluated the cognitive performance of 144 people using rosemary oil aromatherapy (along with lavender oil) and confirmed the above stated benefits
- Can also help prevent and aid with Alzheimer’s disease
- Inhaling rosemary and lemon vapor in the morning improves personal orientation (study published in Psychogeriatrics)
METHOD: Mix 3 drops of rosemary oil with ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. Rub on your upper neck or diffuse for 1 hour per day.
|Promotes Hair Growth
- Stimulates hair growth when applied to your scalp
- Can help prevent baldness
- Slows down the graying of your hair
- Can be used to help dandruff and dry scalp
- A mixture of hops, rosemary and swertia was patented by Francesc Casado Galcera. This scalp lotion has been found to:
- Decrease hair loss after shampooing
- Improve the ability of hair to resist traction
- Increase new hair growth by 22.4%
- Increase in “rapid” hair growth
- Enhance microcirculation of scalps, which promotes healing and recovery
METHOD: For a hair thickener, put 5 drops of rosemary oil on your scalp and massage after your shower.
- Is an incredible detoxifier
- Using rosemary enhances your body’s bile flow
- Essential for fat metabolism and detoxification
- Reduces plasma liver enzymes, which are associated with type II diabetes
- Helps balance microflora in your gut
- Boosts nutrient absorption
- Helps prevent and reverse toxic overload
METHOD: Mix 3 drops of rosemary oil with ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil. Rub over your gallbladder area 2 times daily to improve gallbladder function (your gallbladder stores bile produced by the liver)
How do YOU incorporate rosemary oil in your health routine? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS