Here Are The Top 4 Foods That Cause Wrinkles
4 Foods That Cause Wrinkles
Remember the old saying, “You are what you eat… ”?
This seems to be particularly true in regards to the health of your SKIN. Many dermatologists now realize that poor nutrition is just as bad for your appearance as smoking. In fact, certain foods can cause inflammation, oxidative stress, damaged collagen and even damaged DNA.
In other words: these foods will cause unhealthy skin and, eventually, WRINKLES.
It’s common knowledge that junk foods, processed foods, sweets and trans fats are bad for you, but are there any foods that are SPECIFICALLY damaging to your skin? Foods that may even increase the likelihood of early wrinkles and signs of aging?
Here are just a few:
Charred meat from the grill can be surprisingly toxic to your health – and your skin. The char contains inflammatory hydrocarbons which break down skin collagen and may cause premature signs of aging.
There are ways to make your summer BBQ’s better for your health. Check them out here.
One of the most important organs for healthy skin is your liver. The liver is the main hub for detoxification. If toxins that enter your body overwhelm the liver, the body sends them out in any way it can, including through your skin. Overconsumption of alcohol can lead to a variety of skin issues, including wrinkles and sallowness.
The average American consumes about 130 pounds of sugar every year. When refined sugar is eaten in excess it starts a process in the body call glycation. When your cells can’t process all the sugar you’re eating, the excess molecules combine with proteins and create “advanced glycation endproducts” or AGES. These eventually damage the collagen in your skin, which leads to wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Processed meats contain a lot of extra ingredients besides meat, including sulfites, nitrates, sodium and other preservatives. This trigger inflammation inside and outside the body and, according to scientists, accelerate the appearance of aging. Excess sodium can also make you look puffy.
Preventing premature signs of aging can be mostly accomplished through dietary and lifestyle choices. Focus on foods that are anti-inflammatory and as close to their natural state as possible.
Keep it simple with REAL food – and if you want to indulge in an occasional treat, just remember the 80/20 rule – eat clean 80% of the time, saving the other 20% for those special indulgences! Life is about balance… moderation – not deprivation.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS