4 Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes To Boost Immunity And Lose Weight
Written by: Andrea Johnson
It’s January and what does everyone want to do in January? They want to lose weight and avoid getting sick. Well, good news! Apple Cider Vinegar is your new best friend!
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been around for thousands of years and has many uses and benefits. Way back in 400 BC, the father of medicine, Hippocrates, prescribed apple cider vinegar with honey to treat ailments, including coughs and colds. More recently, celebrities like Heidi Klum, Miranda Kerr and Megan Fox have used it to lose weight.
How ACV Works
- Drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before a meal helps to curb your appetite. It also helps stimulate hydrochloric acid, which we need to break down our foods for further absorption and digestion.
- It can help control your blood sugar.
- It contains several antioxidants, which are great for you because they boost your body’s immune system and help you fight off illness.
- Combined with a balanced diet, it can help to regulate your pH levels, which are the ratio of acid to alkaline in the body. We want a mildly alkaline environment to stave off disease, including cancer, autoimmunity and the common cold.
- It is high in is acetic acid, which helps your body absorb minerals.
Please keep in mind that all apple cider vinegar is not created equal. Make sure you are using organic, raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with “the mother” on the label in order to reap the benefits. I’ve personally used apple cider vinegar to help me drop a few pounds and boost my immunity. These are my favorite ACV recipes!
Weight Loss Water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- The juice from ½ of a lemon
- A drop or 2 of raw honey (optional)
- A dash of red pepper (I use Chipotle pepper)
- Ice to taste
- Mix all ingredients well and enjoy!
- 1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup green tea
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A drop or 2 of raw honey
- 1 small slice of ginger
- A dash of Ceylon cinnamon
- Steep the tea in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tea and stir in the remaining ingredients. *The longer the ginger steeps the stronger it will be.
- Remove ginger slice before drinking.
Kick it up Salad Dressing
- ½ teaspoon liquid Stevia
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (you can also use black seeds for the pepper)
- Whisk together Stevia, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and red pepper.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into jar with lid and refrigerate. Makes about ½ cup.
Lose It Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 drops liquid Stevia
- ½ tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon finely ground flax seeds
- A dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (you can also use black seeds)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ small clove of garlic, finely grated on a microplane
- Whisk together all ingredients until mixed.
- Pour into jar with lid and refrigerate.
- Makes about ⅓ cup.
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
at Whole Plate
Andrea Johnson is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach with Whole Plate. She specializes in autoimmune diseases, weight loss and preventative health. She is a member of the Health Coach Group, The Inner Circle and the International Association for Health Coaches.
Latest posts by Andrea Johnson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS