32 Habits To Live Your Happiest Life Ever
By Lindsay Sibson
How To Live Your Happiest Life Ever
Can you remember the last time you felt butterflies in your stomach? You know, that little twitchy, nervous feeling you get from meeting someone new or anticipating a new adventure?
Because that moment for me is RIGHT NOW!
I am currently sitting in the airport in Rome waiting for my flight back to the USA, which sounds like a fairly normal task. However, I left the USA 16 months ago with nothing but a small backpack and headed to Europe “to travel and see what happens.”
I’m finding it nearly impossible to process this whole experience. There have been many incredible moments, such as taking a motorcycle ride to watch the sunset over the cliffs in Sicily. BUT, there have also been crazy moments… such as when my wallet disappeared while I was in Rome, leaving me with no cash, no debit card and no credit card.
Life happens… no matter where you are in this world. Yet, ultimately, it is up to YOU to decide how your life will happen.
The decisions you make, the people you meet, the food you eat and the thoughts you think all contribute to YOUR life.
I’ve met people from all over the world, each with different perspectives, goals and motivations. I think it goes without saying that the earth is a vast and diverse place! However, in my experience over the past year and a half, I have come to find that there is a theme that unites us all…
And that theme is feeling HAPPY.
Happiness feels good. It fulfills your heart. It energizes the soul. It makes you feel ALIVE!
Happiness is something we all deserve… it’s something that we ALL can have too!
Here are 32 habits to embrace to help you live your happiest life ever:
1. Work to live. Not the other way around: Life is so much more than paying bills.
2. Push and challenge yourself: Personal growth is really rewarding! Who do you WANT to be? BE that person. Set a vision for your life, create goals and work at it EVERYDAY.
3. Keep an open mind: Recognize that your opportunities, ideas and options are endless.
4. Move your body everyday with exercise: Your body is the only place you have to live. Treat it kindly.
5. Give back: Share your talents and gifts with others and make it your mission each day to make someone else SMILE.
6. Spend time outdoors: Feel the sun on your skin, soak in that vitamin D and reflect on just how incredibly beautiful this world is.
7. SLOW down: Enjoy the moment. No really, take a good look around. Your life is happening NOW!
8. Take risks: To be super cliché… No risk = no reward.
9. Smile: And do it often. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.”
10. Pay attention to your life and be mindful: Tune into your thoughts, feelings and actions. You are not meant to be a robot that simply goes through the motions.
11. Turn it off sometimes and disconnect from electronics: PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE! Facebook will go on without you for the day (and you won’t miss out on any critical news). Give your poor eyes (and brain) a rest!
12. Eat well and enjoy your food: Everything you eat has an impact on how you feel and perform. Choose wisely and nourish your body.
13. Express your love: Love for yourself. Love for others. Love for music. Love for nature. Whatever you love, LOVE it fully!
14. Speak your mind: Have an opinion and express it mindfully and eloquently. Your thoughts matter. Speak with love.
15. LEARN: Read, watch Youtube videos, constantly feed your mind with positive, uplifting and inspirational knowledge.
16. Simplify: Stuff is just stuff in the end. Memories last forever.
17. Be grateful and acknowledge your blessings: Always, always, always have an attitude of gratitude. “Thank You” are two very powerful words.
18. Drink water: It’s essential for good health and necessary for your body to feel alive.
19. SLEEP (and unwind): Once again, a necessary element to feeling your BEST.
20. Tell the truth: It’s a golden rule. Plus, lying creates anxiety and is a waste of energy.
21. Be playful: Seek experiences that will give you a serious case of the giggles. I still laugh at farts and I’m 32. Have fun with life!
22. Step out of that comfort zone: Be spontaneous. Need ideas? This will get you started… click here.
23. Be genuine: We all have intuition and can “read people”… when you come from an authentic and “real” place, you will be radiant!
24. Learn how to be a good listener: It’s not all about you. Really listen to what others have to say.
25. Respect the earth: Because being earth-friendly is sexy and necessary to provide a great environment for generations to come.
26. REALLY get to know yourself: Know who you are, what you stand for, what you like and what you want.
27. Be kind: “For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” We are in this life experience together – encourage and uplift others.
28. Have GREAT sex: When you find chemistry with someone, embrace it and enjoy yourself! Sex is a primal desire and should be fulfilled. Ladies, this post is for you!
29. Stay humble: No one appreciates a bragging Betty. Be proud, yet humble.
30. DO IT: Turn your “I shoulds” into “I dids.”
31. Create a happy squad: Surround yourself with people who uplift you, inspire you, make you laugh and enhance your life experience.
32. CHOOSE to be happy: Because happiness is a CHOICE, not something that “just happens” to you.
Have something to add to the list? I would love to hear from you – comment below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS