30 Songs You Need To Pump You Up
Written by: Sara Wylie
You know those days where you’re about to go out for a run or start lifting some weights at the gym and you need to get some music going – but you’re sick of everything on your workout playlist?
I definitely know the feeling, friend. Even during down time, sometimes the music you have just isn’t going to cut it that day.
The solution: you need to find some new music!
But where do you start looking?
Well, as far as your workout playlist goes, you needn’t look any further! After doing a bit of searching and digging on the web and through my own music, I’ve compiled a list of 30 upbeat, motivational songs to get you pumped up and help you stay on track during your next workout.
Music is incredibly influential, not just atmospherically, but emotionally, mentally and sometimes even physically, too. Depending on the frequency of the music, the lyrics, the beats and the sound, the music you stick into your ears can really make a difference in your life, for the better or worse.
Having music that is upbeat and motivating while you’re working on self-endurance and pushing yourself through a workout plan has been proven to be a significant advantage for many people. Music distracts people from pain and fatigue, elevates mood, reduces perceived effort, increases endurance, etc. It has also been known to make people become even faster at biking, swimming and running without them even realizing it.
Costas Karageorghis, one of the world’s leading experts on the psychological effects of exercise music, even said based on his own research that one could think of music as “a type of legal performance-enhancing drug.”
Now, are you ready to get pumped? Check out these songs below and see how you like them! Do you know any other awesome songs that are “MUST HAVES” on workout playlists? Share the with us in the comments below!
30 Upbeat, Motivational Songs For Your Next Workout
1. We Are One – 12 Stones (video link)
2. Girl On Fire – Alicia Keys (video link)
3. The Adventure – Angels & Airwaves (video link)
4. Good Time – Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen (video link)
5. Levitate – Hadouken! (video link)
6. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark – Fall Out Boy (video link)
7. Fight Song – Rachel Platten (video link)
8. Wake Me Up – Avicii (video link)
9. Fighter – Christina Aguilera (video link)
10. Immortals – Fall Out Boy (video link)
11. Titanium – David Guetta ft. Sia (video link)
12. It’s Time – Imagine Dragons (video link)
13. Undefeated – Jason Derulo (video link)
14. You Get What You Give – New Radicals (video link)
15. Life in Color – Onerepublic (video link)
16. Hall of Fame – The Script ft. will.i.am (video link)
17. Beautiful Day – U2 (video link)
18. This is the House that Doubt Built – A Day to Remember (video link)
19. Weightless – All Time Low (video link)
20. Jump – Van Halen (video link)
21. Ode to Sleep – Twenty One Pilots (video link)
22. Friction – Imagine Dragons (video link)
23. Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (video link)
24. Take a Walk – Passion Pit (video link)
25. The Power – Snap (video link)
26. Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (video link)
27. Raise Your Glass – P!nk (video link)
28. Stronger – Kelly Clarkson (video link)
29. Too Close – Alex Clare (video link)
30. How Far We’ve Come – Matchbox Twenty (video link)
31. Touch the Sky – Kanye West (video link)
32. Roar – Katy Perry (video link)
Sara Wylie resides in Utah where she is currently working as an Editorial Intern for Fitlife.tv while also pursuing a career in writing. She hopes that through her words and fiery passion, she will be able to not only inspire others to seek out and nourish their own passions, but to also help others feel what it’s like to truly be alive.
Latest posts by Sara Wylie (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS