3 Ways To Improve Your Circulation
Written by: Kavata Kithome
I have been on a health journey for a long time, in search of natural remedies and solutions for pesky ailments that make life less comfortable. It seems you and I share a common problem if you’re reading this article.
As I began to change my habits a few years ago, I noticed that my extremities would get inexplicably cold while my core and the rest of my body stayed warm. I could tell that something was off and I was willing to do anything to help remedy the issue.
While I was looking for answers, it hit me that, because I was gradually becoming healthier, the way oxygen and blood circulated through my body was different.
I did my research and found that these tips – tested and proven – can help with improving your circulation, especially while you continue on through your transformation process to better health and vitality.
1. Cayenne Pepper is one of my all-time favorite spices. What is great about cayenne pepper is that it can be applied topically to provide a warming sensation, while also stimulating blood circulation and helping relieve pain. When combined with onion, ginger and garlic, it becomes a great vasodilator and can help boost your immune system. Give this cayenne salve a try.
2. Here is another reason to love spinach. It contains properties that can help widen blood vessels when they interact with saliva. It also contains an essential amino acid that is used in the production of nitric oxide, which also helps expand the blood vessels and therefore, increases blood flow and decreases plaque growth and blood clotting.
This leafy green also contains vitamin B1 that aids in healthy functioning of the heart muscles and nervous system. My favorite way to eat this amazing leafy green is in a green smoothie.
3. Lastly, as a health coach, I can tell you that stress reduction is an important tool that costs you nothing but time. There are many things that you can try, such as meditation, listening to soothing music and taking the time to share a hearty laugh with friends and family. Finding some great hobbies for relaxation can help increase circulation and lead to a healthier life.
- 3 or 4 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (my favorite is mango, pineapple and strawberry)
- ½ avocado peeled and cored
- 1 ½ -2 cups of coconut water
- 1 ½ cups kefir
- 1-2 tbsp of hemp seeds
- Plant-based protein powder (optional)
- Throw in blender and blend until smooth. Pour and enjoy!
Image source: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/green-smoothie/
These are simple tips that you can begin to implement today to help increase your circulation and get your body flowing smoothly and evenly again.
Do you have any other tips that can help improve circulation? Share in the comments below.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS