3 Powerful, Anti-Inflammatory, Gut-Healing Turmeric Drinks You Need to Know About
Written by: Janet Early
3 Gut-Healing Turmeric Drinks
Turmeric is a nutritional superhero that has rightfully garnered a lot of attention this year. The herb, native to South Asia, has been used as a natural healer for centuries.
Here are some of its incredible benefits:
- Kills cancer cells
- Improves digestion
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Moderates insulin levels
- Reduces high cholesterol
- Contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that fight infections and boost immunity
- Supports brain health
- Detoxifies the liver
- Improves blood circulation
- Proven to be as effective as Prozac in managing depression
- Helps and exfoliates the skin
Now that we’ve recapped the extraordinary benefits of this powerful herb, let’s put it to work. You can make a simple turmeric tea, or a delicious turmeric latte. Here are 3 tasty turmeric drink recipes that you can cook up right away:
#1. Turmeric “Liquid Gold” Latte
- 1 cup almond, cashew or coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat and whisk to create foam.
- Continue whisking until the foam is as frothy as you like.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
#2. Turmeric Tea In Three
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Combine milk and water in a saucepan and warm for 2 minutes.
- Add in the other ingredients and let heat for an additional 2 minutes and stir.
- Pour into your favorite mug and sip when ready!
Turmeric has been proven to be just as if not more effective than many medications that are prescribed on a regular basis. It offers all of the benefits with none of the chemicals or questionable side effects. Talk about a nutritional powerhouse!
#3. The Coconut-Turmeric Tonic
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or 2 inch knob of fresh turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Blend together coconut water, turmeric and ginger root.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sleeve into a cup of jar.
- Add the other ingredients and stir.
- Enjoy with a meal to promote nutrient absorption!
Are you going to try one of these drink recipes tonight? A simple turmeric tea could be all your body needs to unwind, relax and heal. Let us know how it goes below!
Janet Early is a health enthusiast living in Los Angeles and working as a researcher for a major television company. An aspiring writer, Janet discovered her passion for wholesome nutrition and natural healing while navigating the struggles of balancing food sensitivities in a modern world. In addition to nutrition, she enjoys traveling, storytelling and embarking on daily adventures.
Latest posts by Janet Early (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS