3 Powerful, Inflammation-Reducing, Gut-Remedying Turmeric Drinks To Know About
Written by: Janet Early
3 Gut-Healing Turmeric Drinks
Turmeric is a nutritional superhero that has rightfully garnered a lot of attention this year. The herb, native to South Asia, has been used as a natural healer for centuries.
Here are some of its incredible benefits:
- Kills cancer cells
- Improves digestion
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Moderates insulin levels
- Reduces high cholesterol
- Contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that fight infections and boost immunity
- Supports brain health
- Detoxifies the liver
- Improves blood circulation
- Proven to be as effective as Prozac in managing depression
- Helps and exfoliates the skin
Now that we’ve recapped the extraordinary benefits of this powerful herb, let’s put it to work. You can make a simple turmeric tea, or a delicious turmeric latte. Here are 3 tasty turmeric drink recipes that you can cook up right away:
#1. Turmeric “Liquid Gold” Latte
- 1 cup almond, cashew or coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat and whisk to create foam.
- Continue whisking until the foam is as frothy as you like.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
#2. Turmeric Tea In Three
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Combine milk and water in a saucepan and warm for 2 minutes.
- Add in the other ingredients and let heat for an additional 2 minutes and stir.
- Pour into your favorite mug and sip when ready!
Turmeric has been proven to be just as if not more effective than many medications that are prescribed on a regular basis. It offers all of the benefits with none of the chemicals or questionable side effects. Talk about a nutritional powerhouse!
#3. The Coconut-Turmeric Tonic
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or 2 inch knob of fresh turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Blend together coconut water, turmeric and ginger root.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sleeve into a cup of jar.
- Add the other ingredients and stir.
- Enjoy with a meal to promote nutrient absorption!
Are you going to try one of these drink recipes tonight? A simple turmeric tea could be all your body needs to unwind, relax and heal. Let us know how it goes below!
Janet Early is a health enthusiast living in Los Angeles and working as a researcher for a major television company. An aspiring writer, Janet discovered her passion for wholesome nutrition and natural healing while navigating the struggles of balancing food sensitivities in a modern world. In addition to nutrition, she enjoys traveling, storytelling and embarking on daily adventures.
Latest posts by Janet Early (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS