3 Super Easy Solutions To Amazing Health
By Lindsay Sibson
“Time to get healthier!”
I’ve made this claim more times than I care to admit. I eat fresh foods, exercise and get adequate rest… and then somewhere along the way I stray from the health path and find myself feeling kind of “blah.” At that point, I decide that I am going to turn it all around and promptly head straight to the grocery store to stock up on all things healthy.
Sounds easy enough, right?
Not necessarily. Have you ever walked into your nearest health grocer and immediately became wide eyed with all the choices staring back at you? To take care of your dietary and beauty needs you could easily end up with 30 products (and a HUGE dent in your wallet).
Over the years, I’ve tried A LOT of products. From vegan protein powders to coffee infused with ganoderma, I am always willing to try out the newest natural product. But the problem with that logic is that there is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS a new product “out there!”
Therefore, I decided to go with the “keep it simple” mindset and find natural products that had multiple uses!
Here are my Top 3 MUST HAVE products to promote great health.
1. Coconut Oil
- Eat a Spoonful – The medium chain triglycerides found in coconut oil have been shown to increase 24 hour energy expenditure.
- Cook with it – Replace other cooking oils with coconut oil. It is very stable to use at high heat and packs a plethora of health benefits, such as the fatty acids in coconut oil that reduce hunger.
- Moisturize – Have you ever looked at your body lotion ingredients? Do you know all of the ingredients listed? My guess is no. Replace your daily moisturizer with coconut oil for a natural and safe way to nourish your skin.
- Oil pulling – Swish around the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes daily to improve your oral hygiene (breath, gum health, teeth). Be sure to spit it in the trash though so you don’t clog drains.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Drink it – Mix a tonic of apple cider vinegar and water (2 teaspoons raw, unfiltered ACV with one glass of water). This power beverage can help you lose weight, combat fatigue, ease digestion, wash toxins from your body and so much more!
- Wash your hair – It can function as a natural hair conditioner and will leave your hair feeling clean and shiny! Simply mix 1 part ACV to 1 part warm water and apply all over your head.
- Drink water with lemon – The juice from lemons helps purify the blood. It reduces indigestion, alleviates constipation, eliminates toxins from the body, assists in digestion and also reduces mucous.
- Freshen your face – Dab lemon juice on blackheads and zits to help clear them up. You can also wash your face with lemon juice for a natural exfoliation and cleanse. You should see improvement in your skin after a few days of treatment.
Being healthy does not need to be an overly complicated task that requires loads upon loads of supplements. Find a few natural products that work for you and discover multiple ways of utilizing them!
What are your favorite natural multipurpose products? Tell me in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS