3 Reasons To Go NUTS For Pistachios
By Lindsay Sibson
From ice cream flavors to pasta sauces, pistachios are used for just about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g here is Sicily.
I loved to crack them open as a kid… and now I’m enjoying testing them out in many other different forms.
Nuts make a great healthy snack, especially pistachios! Not only are they perfect for traveling, but they also are packed with good-for-you nutrients.
Here are 3 reasons you should chow down on a handful of pistachios today:
|Stellar Nutritional Value
- High levels of potassium and vitamin K (the MOST of any other edible nut)
- 1 ounce of pistachios has: 160 calories, 5 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, 15 grams of fat (only 2 grams which are saturated fat)
- You will also get a healthy dose of: magnesium, vitamin B6 and thiamine
|Helps With Weight Loss
- High fiber content allows you to feel satiated from a small amount
- Can help you reduce your triglycerides and body weight
- A better option for a health snack than pretzels or other refined carbohydrate-rich foods
|Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- Can help lower blood cholesterol levels
- Contains l-arginine
- An amino acid that makes the arterial and blood vessel linings more flexible
- Reduces your risk of developing blood clots and heart attacks
- Vitamin E content helps your arteries become less likely to get clogged with cholesterol
Yes-sir-eeeeeeee! Pistachios are delicious and nutritious.
Aside from munching on a handful of these nuts, here are 3 other ways you can incorporate pistachios into your diet:
If you are not the cooking type, consider these simple ways of adding pistachio to your meals:
- On top of your favorite salad
- In a bowl of Greek Yogurt
- Sprinkle on oatmeal
What is your FAVORITE way to prepare pistachios? Tell us BELOW!
Source, Source, Source
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS