3 Reasons To Add Coconut Oil To Your Coffee
By Lindsay Sibson
Lattes, mochas, cappuccinos…. oh, how I love you so.
Creamy, silky, steamy and sweet – what is there NOT to love about these delicious and decadent hot beverages?
For me it’s 2 key ingredients: milk and sugar.
My stomach doesn’t tolerate either, which leaves me feeling like I’m going to explode at any moment when I consume them both.
Sound familiar? This article is for my fellow sensitive stomachs out there. You can still ENJOY the essence of a creamy and frothy latte without the digestion disaster.
The simple solution is to replace the dairy products (milk or cream) with COCONUT OIL and swap out the refined sugar for stevia. Give it a whirl in a blender and you will be good to go!
Not only will this beverage hug you from the inside out, the coconut oil provides excellent health benefits.
Here Are 3 Reasons To Add Coconut Oil To Your Coffee – TODAY!
- Coconut oil is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs).
- Quickly absorbed by your body.
- Rapidly metabolized as fuel (but NOT stored as fat!).
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster.
- The calories in MCTs are effectively converted into fuel for your body to use immediately.
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid.
- Potent antimicrobial properties.
- Useful for helping combat viral infections such as the flu, the common cold, fever blisters and cold sores.
Ready to reap the benefits of adding coconut oil to your morning cup of joe?
Here is a simple Coconut Oil Coffee Recipe that is creamy, delicious and incredibly satisfying – you won’t even miss the old stuff!
What did you add to your coconut oil coffee to make it YOUR one-of-a-kind blend? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Coconut Oil Coffee
- 2 cups of organic freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Optional: stevia, raw honey, cinnamon, vanilla… add your favorite natural sweetener or flavor to your desired taste
- Pour the brewed coffee into a blender.
- Add coconut oil and your selected optional ingredients.
- Place the lid on your blender and mix for 15-20 seconds or until you notice a frothy and foamy substance form on the top.
- Pour into your favorite coffee mug and - VOILA! Enjoy.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS