3 Reason Why “Fat Bombs” Are Part Of The Ketogenic Diet
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Intuition: the ability to understand something instinctively, without the need for conscious reasoning.
OOOOH, we all have it.
You know, that little voice inside of your head that helps you make decisions and often gives you a “gut feeling” about what to do.
Except when it doesn’t.
This is precisely what happened when I first heard about eating “Fat Bombs.” Just the name alone sounds like it adds a few pounds to your waistline!
Eating FAT to burn fat… certainly against my intuition.
That is… until I tried it and it FREAKING WORKS!
Here is why you need to start using *healthy* fats for fuel, which is made simple when you make “fat bombs.”
It’s all part of a ketogenic diet:
What Is A Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet is:
- Low carb and high fat diet
- Trains your body to get its energy from KETONES and not glucose
What Are Ketogenic “Fat Bombs?”
- Small snacks or treats that are HIGH in fat and LOW in carbs
- Make a great, quick and healthy breakfast
- Can be used as pre or post workout fuel
- Similar to an energy ball or bar – BUT focused on a high healthy fat content
Why “Fat Bombs” Are Part Of The Ketogenic Diet
- Loaded with healthy fats that help lower inflammation in your body
- Keep your body in a fat burning state (ketosis)
- Made with stevia, a natural sweetener that won’t screw with your blood sugar levels
- Are easy to make and can be made to be vegan: lactose free, casein free
Once solid, they are ready to eat! Pop one out of the mold and enjoy right away (it will melt if left out too long).
Simple “Fat Bomb” Recipe: Chocolate Almond Butter
- Place all of the ingredients in a pot and warm over low heat until combined.
- Gently stir to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
To amp up the flavor, you can add your favorite nuts or seeds directly to the “fat bomb” mixture when cooking OR sprinkle them on top. A few excellent options are:
- Chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- Chia seeds for a crunchy texture
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to spice it up
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. When removed from the fridge, consume right away as the oils WILL melt and make a mess!
Want to learn more about the Ketogenic Diet?
Here is Everything You Need To Know About The Keto Diet.
Have experience with the Keto Diet? SHARE your tips below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS