3 Natural Recipes For Your Kid’s Teeth, Skin and Hair
By Drew Canole
We are pretty obsessed with great natural ingredients here at FitLife! Coconut oil has been all the rage these days and for good reason. Here are a few ways you can use coconut oil outside of the kitchen to create some great products for your kids.
Put coconut oil and baking soda together for a powerful combination of antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties. Perfect for keeping your mouth healthy and clean. Most dentists tell you to use fluoride to help prevent cavities but the truth is, fluoride is simply not good for you – this has been shown through numerous studies at Harvard and elsewhere. Here is one of our favorite homemade recipes for toothpaste:
Homemade Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Essential oil
- Mash together baking soda and melted coconut oil.
- Mix in the essential oils to form a paste.
- Store in a glass jar and dip your brush in when you are ready to use.
Coconut oil is nourishing and soothing to a baby’s skin. It contains antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help prevent infection and calm irritated skin. You can use coconut oil on its own or make it into a diaper cream like this one:
Homemade Diaper Cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- ½ cup shea butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- Place the coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter into a small pot or mason jar.
- Fill a bigger pot with water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Place the small pot inside the big one until the mixture is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the vegetable glycerin and blend with an immersion or hand blender until creamy.
- Store in airtight container.
Fighting with a tangled mess of a child’s hair is never fun; especially when they are screaming and unable to hold still. Coconut oil can make an effective detangler and is chemical free. It will also leave the hair shiny instead of oily and heavy. Try spritzing this detangler spray on the hair during combing:
How do you use coconut oil outside of the kitchen? Got any great concoctions we all know about? Please share below!
- Spray bottle
- 2 tbsp water soluble almond oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Filtered water
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil (optional)
- Mix together in your spray bottle (using enough filtered water to fill it almost to the top) and enjoy!
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS