3 Home Remedies To Reduce Acne Scarring
Written by: Steve Fillmore
Having acne can leave scarring that can be more embarrassing than the actual acne itself.
Luckily for you, there is help for you in your produce section of the grocery store!
What are the natural methods that can be found in the produce section?
The superstars I am referring to include:
You may be thinking, “What kind of concoction will I be making?”
Don’t worry. Once you give these natural remedies a try, you’ll never want to go back to the toxin-laden products they have at the store. These are really simple techniques for getting rid of acne scarring, without the harsh chemicals.
- Mint—Simply take some clean mint and squeeze the juice out. Then take the juice and apply it on the scarred areas and leave on until it dries thoroughly. After it is dry, simply wash it off and pat it dry. Do this once a day for a month.
- Lemon—The citric acid in lemons can be used to lighten the skin. When you do this, it naturally lightens the scars. Simply cut the lemon into a small wedge and rub the juice on the scars. Leave it on until it dries thoroughly. Wash it off and pat dry. Try not to use this process every day, because it may cause your skin to dry. You can, however, use it about three times a week. Another benefit to lemons is drinking lemon water. Lemon water has been shown to help reduce the inflammation in the skin that may cause acne.
Note: Do not go into the sun with lemon juice on your skin. It will make you more prone to sunburn, which you don’t want.
- Tomatoes—Tomato pulp is very effective in removing acne and pimple scarring. They remove the pigmentation and improve your skin tone. Take a small tomato and cut it in half. Rub the tomato juice over the damaged, scarred area thoroughly. Leave it on for about 30 minutes. Wash it off completely and pat your face dry.
Acne Repair Face Mask
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Juice of lemon, mint and tomato
What To Do:
- Combine all ingredients to create a paste.
- Apply paste in a circular motion on problem areas on face. Let dry.
- After 30 minutes wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Having acne may be just one of those things in the rights of passage through your teenage years. But it can also be a sign of an inflamed diet in your later years as an adult.
Be sure to include foods such as lemons into your diet to help reduce inflammation in your body.
Having skin free of acne scarring can be as simple as visiting your produce section. Give the above remedies a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS