3 Creative & Health-Benefiting Ways To Use Himalayan Salt
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It’s pretty. It’s pink. And it adds the most delicious salty essence to your favorite dishes.
You’ve already ditched harmful table salt and switched to using Himalayan salt in your kitchen… but did you know that Himalayan salt is quite versatile and can be used to enhance your health throughout your home?
Check out these 3 creative and health-benefiting ways YOU can use Himalayan salt today!
What Is Himalayan Salt?
Himalayan salt is a rock salt that comes from the Punjab region of Pakistan. It is predominantly sodium chloride, but also contains polyhalite and small amounts of other minerals. It has less sodium than regular salt and 84 minerals and trace elements.
Himalayan salt gets its pink color from the presence of iron and copper as well as polyhalite, magnesium, potassium and calcium components.
Benefits Of Himalayan Salt
|Balances pH level of your body.
|Creates an electrolyte balance.
|Lowers blood pressure.
||Helps the intestines absorb nutrients.
||Helps in metabolism functioning.
||Prevents muscle cramping.
3 Ways To Use Himalayan Salt
1. Detox And Natural Colon Cleanse
What you need:
- 1-2 tbsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 32 ounces warm filtered water
What to do:
1. Shake the water and salt together until dissolved.
2. Drink the salt water quickly until finished (within a 5 minute window).
3. Stay near a toilet (for at least 3 hours).
- You will experiences a journey of bowel movements starting with a more solid consistency and then ending in 100% liquid.
- Use this flush as often as needed, but check with your doctor and do your own research BEFORE trying it out.
2. Enhance Your Mental Health & Sleep With A Himalayan Salt Lamp
What Is A Himalayan Salt Lamp?
- Salt lamps are made from chunks of food grade salt in which a small light bulb is placed into the center of the lamp.
How Salt Lamps Work:
- The heat from the light bulb combines with the salt to create negative ions.
- Negative ions act as natural neutralizers of odors, mold and bacteria.
Health Benefits Of Salt Lamps:
The negative ions emitted from Himalayan Salt Lamps protect you from airborne germs and may help with the following issues:
3. Sleep Better
What You Need:
- 5 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
How To Use Salt & Honey:
1. Mix together the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid.
2. Place a teaspoon on the mixture under your tongue before bedtime and let it dissolve naturally .
Why It Works:
- Contains magnesium, which helps with relaxation, stress reduction and high quality sleep
- Contains glucose
- Supports your liver in delivering recovery functions to your cells and body
- Supplies your liver with glycogen storage
- Supports your liver in detoxification, hormone regulation, circulation and other functions
- Helps restore your body during rest
How do YOU use Himalayan salt? Please SHARE with us below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS