28 Tiny Tweaks That Lead To Lasting Happiness
28 Tiny Tweaks That Lead To Lasting Happiness
Written by: Kavata Kithome
I have been on a 21-day meditation challenge to manifest true success. During this time I have learned several different things that inspire me.
I have spoken about self-care several times in our time together. It is a key component in lasting transformational success of overall health and wellbeing. Being busy, you may struggle making time for self-care. We’re all struggling to take care of ourselves as well as we know we should.
I feel that self-care needs to be practiced consistently if you want to enjoy the benefits in the long term, but who has time for a two-hour bathing ritual or a four-hour mindfulness meditation session? I’m guessing you didn’t raise your hand. If so, like me, what you need are the small, low-effort practices that’ll infuse your day with peace and energy without taking up your whole lunch hour.
So, today I will share with you 28 simple ways you can infuse self-love into your daily routine. Practicing just one of these methods a day can lead to significant shifts in your own self-love mindset in a short amount of time, so pick a few that resonate with you and adapt them in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
1. Make a list of what makes you valuable. You have great qualities – jot them all down!
2. Create positive affirmations about yourself. Post them everywhere and say them out loud every day.
3. Celebrate your successes! All progress, no matter how big or small, is worthy of celebration. This will help your brain associate positive feel-good messages with achieving your goals.
4. Create a gratitude list. Write down everything that you have to be thankful for right now. You can even take it a step further and do it every night or morning.
5. Change your mental diet. Read uplifting books and listen to uplifting music or podcasts.
6. Focus on what you want to create. Put energy into the positive; forgo the negative.
7. Change your physical diet. Nourish your body with whole foods and ditch the processed stuff.
8. Create a list of your accomplishments and review it regularly. Be proud of what you have done!
9. Build a friend group that loves you and that you can love back. You are the company you keep!
10. Stop comparing yourself to others. Your own progress is all that matters.
11. Learn something new. It could be a language, art, anything! Stimulate your mind.
12. Be true to who you are. Go with your gut, listen to your intuition and forget everything else.
13. Set daily intentions. Choose something positive to focus on every day.
14. Meditate. Clear your mind of the chatter.
15. Exercise. It doesn’t matter what it is – just get moving!
16. Just breathe. Let go of the stress with each exhale.
17. Take a break from the news. Give yourself a respite from all of the negativity in the world.
18. Create a peaceful, happy environment for yourself. Open windows, light nice candles and play some music, just because.
19. Laugh. Do this every day. Life is too short to be serious all the time.
20. Challenge yourself. Try something outside your comfort zone – fear is an opportunity to grow.
21. Do something nice for yourself. A message, a mani/pedi, a haircut, a movie – enjoy! You deserve it!
22. Do something nice for someone else. Everyone deserves to feel good!
23. Clean out the clutter. Tackle that junk drawer or closet – cleanse your space!
24. Remember that you are a sacred, perfect expression of life. Don’t ever forget that.
25. Enjoy the silence. Find a place inside or outside where you can just be. Enjoy the quiet and solitude.
26. Say “I love you” with a smile to yourself in the mirror. It’s a surprisingly powerful practice!
27. Cut out toxic people and relationships. They aren’t worth the energy.
28. Create a wellness routine that makes you excited! It’s the ultimate expression of self-love.
29. Be kind to yourself. This is a no bash zone. Love You.
Self-love is the key to blissful living. You deserve to take a moment each day to nurture your mind, body and soul.
If you don’t do it, who will? What practices are you making apart of your self-love routine? Share with us in the comments below and be sure to share this article with a friend.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS