24-Hour Guide To Eat Clean And Lose Weight
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Okay, okay, okay… diet starts TOMORROW, I swear!” And then you take that one last bite of pizza/cake/chocolate and resolve in your mind that you will clean up your act the next day.
Should you ever find yourself in a situation where perhaps you overindulged and fell “off track,” this 24 hour guide will help you de-bloat, cleanse your insides and set you off on a path of losing weight and feeling great in no time!
The key to losing weight and becoming the healthiest version of yourself is to replace processed foods with natural foods. At first it may be a shock to your taste buds and palate due to the different textures and flavors BUT, as you continue feeding your body with nutrient-dense natural foods, your body will become better fueled – which will give you the energy, clarity and focus to live an AWESOME and healthy life!
Here is a quick look at what processed vs. natural foods are:
The golden rule to selecting healthy food choices is considering WHERE your food came from. If the food was made in a factory, packaged in plastic/foil and has ingredients that you can’t produce or simply have NO CLUE what they are – it’s best you avoid those things! On the other hand, if it’s something that can be found in nature (fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, animal proteins) and are mainly one ingredient items – then go for it!
To jumpstart your weight loss journey, begin with this 24 hour guide:
- Drink Up: Begin your day by drinking water with lemon. This will hydrate your body and help flush out toxins and the lemon will help balance the pH of your body. Give your water an extra boost by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to reap these benefits.
- Juice It: Make a fresh green juice or add a scoop of Organifi to your morning water. Drink your juice BEFORE eating to enhance nutrient absorption.
- Keep It Fresh: Ditch refined carbs (bagels, toast, cereals) and go for natural complex carbs such as quinoa or sweet potato. Add a scrambled egg and some chopped veggies and you will be ready to seize the day!
- Upgrade Your Coffee: Ditch the sugar and milk and instead add healthy fats such as coconut oil and grass-fed butter to nourish your cells and give your body sustained energy all morning long. Follow this recipe.
- Sip On Green Tea: It increases the production of detoxifying enzymes and will provide a mid-afternoon kick for more energy. Green tea is also high in catechins, which help your liver function optimally.
- Skip The “Special Sauce”: Condiments and dressings are hidden with icky ingredients and are calorie dense. Flavor your salad with citrus (lemon), herbs and add avocado for some healthy fats, which will keep you feeling full longer.
- Stretch Break: If you are sitting a lot throughout the day, make sure to get up for at least 5 minutes EVERY hour to stretch, walk, breathe deeply and move about.
- A Smarter Sweet Treat: Skip the sugar packed desserts such as ice cream or cake and opt for a healthier option. My favorite is frozen blueberries! Take a small nibble of dark chocolate or reach for a piece of fresh fruit.
- Keep That Water In Arm’s Reach: Place a glass of water next to your bed so it is the first thing to greet you with a “good morning!”
- Get That Shut Eye: Proper rest is so important to reaching your health and weight loss goals. Your body needs ample time to rejuvenate and recharge itself. Turn off all electronics at least 30 minutes before bed, read a book, try this breathing exercise and wake up feeling great!
To ensure that you have a successful day, take a few moments each night before you go to sleep to plan out your next day. Then, you can wake up ready, armed with a plan and ready to conquer your goals!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS