22 Profound Quotes That Will Help You To Understand Yourself Better
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
If you meet someone rude or mean… you can simply walk away.
Don’t like someone’s negative attitude? Walk away.
However, there is ONE person that you must always pay attention to, listen to and spend time with… and that person is YOU!
You take your mind, body and spirit with you wherever you go. How you think, feel and act are what is shaping your everyday life.
Therefore, it is incredibly important to nurture your relationship with yourself and develop a profound understanding of WHO you are, WHAT you value you and WHY you are the way you are.
One man, Carl Young, dedicated his life’s work to study and share just what it means to live this human life experience.
WHO Is Carl Young?
Carl Young was a Swiss psychotherapist and psychiatrist who founded analytical psychology.
As a deep philosophical thinker, he was a keen observer of all aspects of the self. He often wrote about the human experience, including the importance of having a spiritual relationship with yourself. It is this spiritual relationship that helps you to truly understand WHO you are.
“Carl Jung was one of the creators of modern depth psychology, which seeks to facilitate a conversation with the unconscious energies which move through each of us.
“He contributed many ideas which continue to inform contemporary life: complex, archetype, persona, shadow, anima and animus, personality typology, dream interpretation, individuation and many other ideas.
“He had a deep appreciation of our creative life and considered spirituality a central part of the human journey.” – The Jung Page
20 Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Understand Yourself Better
1. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
2. “The shoe that fits one person pinches another, there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”
3. “Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise you won’t meet the one who’s coming.”
4. “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious.”
5. “A dream is a small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens up to that primeval cosmic night that was the soul, long before there was the conscious ego.”
6. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
7. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
8. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
9. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
10. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.”
11. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
12. “If you are a gifted person, it doesn’t mean that you gained something. It means you have something to give back.”
13. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
14. “Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”
15. “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.”
16. “Depression is like a woman in black. If she turns up, don’t shoo her away. Invite her in, offer her a seat, treat her like a guest and listen to what she wants to say.”
17. “What you resist, persists.”
18. “Your perception will become clear only when you can look into your soul.”
19. “We may think that we fully control ourselves. However, a friend can easily reveal something about us that we have absolutely no idea about.”
20. “Everything about other people that doesn’t satisfy us helps us to better understand ourselves.”
21. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.”
22. “The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.”
What is your favorite Carl Jung quote?
Please SHARE with us in the comments below.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS